Skechers shape up shoes

Options
Has anyone tried the Skechers shape up shoes? Are they worth the money? Thought about getting them but don't want to spend the money if they aren't worth it. Thanks
277443.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans

Replies

• JapaneseAngel27
    Options
    I haven't tried them personally but have found a few articles online that review them:

http://living.health.com/2009/05/14/gear-guide-skechers-shape-ups-fitness-shoes/

http://www.examiner.com/x-2854-Dallas-Martial-Arts-Examiner~y2009m8d7-Skechers-Shape-Up-shoes-do-they-work

Also, if you're worried about price, Curves offers a similar shoe through Avon for half the price:

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?pf_id=36393

Happy walking!
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I don't mind paying the price if they are worth it. Skechers are about the only shoe that I have found that are comfortable. I may have to try them.
    277443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • supafly
    Options
    I tried them on once... felt super weird. D:
    Not sure I'm willing to part with that much on shoes.
    I'd probably buy them if they went on sale though. :3
  • nicolet04
    Options
    i have fit flops, kinda the same im sure...and they do work! i wore them an hour the first day i got them and i woke up with my legs and butt sore!!
  • amyalwaysonline6
    Options
    I have the sketchers shape ups, I haven't really noticed a difference after wearing them, and I've had them for a few weeks. I still wear them when I go for walks, but they don't seem to do anything. I'm not really sure what I was expecting them to do. Someone at work asked me if I was trying to be a spice girl, cause they are so big.
  • bren0369
    bren0369 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've had mine a few weeks and the first day, I noticed some soreness in my lower back but that was probably from posture changes since their design does kind of force you to balance your core differently. Not sure I can say I notice a difference in leg tone and such, but I do know this...these are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn!! I wear them daily for my "running around" stuff. My feet never feel achy at the end of the day and my regular gym shoes feel funny when I put them back on. I'm thinking of trying them on a treadmill workout to see if I notice a difference. I don't think that for the price, they could hurt. Especially if you can incorporate them into a regular daily routine since they are so good on your feet!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    while it wouldn't surprise me if these shoes do some small measure of good, I don't know whether the improvements will be anything close to dramatic. I guess it all depends on what your expectations are. I wouldn't expect to wear them for a few weeks, and expect dramatically better core muscles, or noticeably shapelier hips and thighs, but I imagine if you couple them with other exercise routines, it could help somewhat.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing mine for a few weeks now. At first I noticed my lower back was sore and could tell that I had been standing different. As far as are they going to shape me up--no but they are comfy now that I am use to them. Went shopping all day with my kids at the mall and my feet were tired but they did not hurt like they normally do. I like them and they were worth it to me.
  • winky_gurl
    Options
    anyone thats worried on the price of the shoes can look on ebay. I searched them the other day and found them for ALOT cheaper than in stores and they are new. Just a thought.....
  • stephjohnny
    stephjohnny Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Skechers Shape-ups on sale for $48

Use coupon code XMAS09 expire 12/31/09
    Shipping is flat rate $5.95 per order

LoveMyShoes.com LINK

http://www.lovemyshoes.com/products2.cfm/id/28477/item/
    by-SKECHERS
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i just bought a pair today and they are comfortable. i'll let you know how they do for me.