NHS Couch to 5K Workout

Options
Hey Everyone,

Has anybody tried the Couch to 5k challenge? I've joined the gym again after not going for 2 months and I'm gonna start this on the treadmill

Anybody done this before?

Add me as a friend too :D

Thanks
Alex

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I just finished the C25K plan on Friday. It is awesome and really works. Good luck.
  • maxybaby8
    maxybaby8 Posts: 17
    Options
    hi i am on week 6 run 2 i agree it is awesome
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I just started today :) it took me a 10 minutes longer than the program is but at least I did complete it:)
  • Sarahland
    Sarahland Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second week and I absolutely love it. It is definitely hard work, but so worth the effort. I feel amazing and would recommend it to anyone and everyone. (P.S. I NEVER ran a day in my life before c25k)
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just started today :) it took me a 10 minutes longer than the program is but at least I did complete it:)
    great for you!!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options

Looks like we have pretty much the same stats. I am doing a modified c25k with my trainer but I am finding it very hard to carry my 256 lbs while running. Also, I run much slower than I walk.

Do you have the same problem?
  • ashcky
    ashcky Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today and so excited. I've always wanted to like running.
  • ohnedich00
    ohnedich00 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm at week 4 on it and it's amazing.I never ran before c25k, but now I'm running 4 times a week!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm working on week 6. Just did a 5K and my time was just under 36 minutes. So I know I'm getting close.
    Never though of myself as a runner before starting C25K.
  • spotteddrafter
    spotteddrafter Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just finished Week 4 Day 2 - that second 5-minute jog this morning was brutal, but I didn't stop!

Just be prepared - it's MUCH more of a mental challenge than a physical one. You CAN do it!!! Tell that voice in your head to shut up and keep running. :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    What is the site for C2K....I have been wanting to check this out but not sure where to get all of the info???
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I love C25K and like most people are saying I'm not a runner....

I know this makes me sound like a _ _ _ _ (use whichever word you wish) but I did week 1 again after having to stop running in Feb, on week 3 due to ill health and bad feet, I did week one, day 1 on Saturday, then on Sunday I did day 2 & 3 back to back easily AND I actually enjoyed them too.

I'm off out again tonight It's awesome

PEACE

@ Autumn - theres quite a few sites, I use the Iphone app by Zen Labs It's FREE too
  • ColtyHan
    ColtyHan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I did the first workout last night. I downloaded the Chubby Jones podcast and the Zen Labs free app. I plan to switch between them so I don't get bored.
  • cristaine
    cristaine Posts: 87
    Options
    Going to start this today, need to do something to "shake it up" since my body is in steady gaining mode, despite caloric intake :/ I am hoping maintaining my same calories but adding a decent exercise program with help my body smarten up and cooperate =D

I am most definitely *not* a runner, but have always wanted to be able to run, so this may be perfect!
  • Twidget12
    Twidget12 Posts: 71
    Options
    [/quote]

Looks like we have pretty much the same stats. I am doing a modified c25k with my trainer but I am finding it very hard to carry my 256 lbs while running. Also, I run much slower than I walk.

Do you have the same problem?
    [/quote]

My run is slower than my walk also, but every little bit counts so I don't really let it get me down! I still feel great after completing the workout. Although the last couple of times I have been experiencing some left sided hip pain which is kind of discouraging me because it is sore for a day or two afterwards. I think it is probably that I need to invest in some better sneakers and likely do some better stretching before and after my run. But if anyone has any suggestions I am open to ideas and opinions!
  • whitedmm
    whitedmm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it, too. I'm on week 3 – I'm actually repeating week 3. The three minute interval is kicking my *kitten*. But, I'm going to keep repeating week 3 until I am kicking the 3 minute interval's *kitten*.
  • aprilschwab
    aprilschwab Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Working on week 5 currently.....I could barely run 60 seconds when I started and I'm set to run 2 miles on Friday for week 5 Day 3. My advice....don't be afraid to repeat weeks if you're not ready to move on, but also know that you can do more than you mentally think, so push yourself. Also...get some high-quality running shoes with good support. Otherwise you'll end up with back pain and other joint pain.