The Lemonade Diet

Options
annams76
annams76 Posts: 161 Member
I know these lose weight quick diets don't normally work or keep the weight off but I am going to do this diet and see if it works for quick results. I have a physical fitness test coming up soon and I need to drop a lot of weight quick for it. If anyone else has done this, how well did it work for you?

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    sounds tangy,
    dont know the details
    just dont go longer than 24 hours without food
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about the one with lemon juice, cayenne pepper and maple syrup or whatever, I wouldn't do it. I used to do weird fasting diets when I was younger because I was desperate and I ended up getting hospitalized from this one. I don't recommend doing any type of diet like this, even if it's for a short period of time. Eat clean, exercise and drink lots of water. That's the best way to do it. Best of luck to you.
  • alexkarma
    alexkarma Posts: 3
    Options
    I lost 7lbs on the lemonade diet. The average amount of weight loss is 1-2 lbs a day.

http://www.TheLemonadeSite.com
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know its tempting to do a fad diet but they really are not good for you. Keep logging your food, exercising and it will come off. You've done fantastic so far.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Look forward to gaining the weight back if you do this fad diet.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time. Focus more on eating healthy/drinking lots of water/exercising.
  • andoverdiamond
    andoverdiamond Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I agree with classycouture, Legals81 and princessjordy. It is all about eating a healthy diet, which is not just tracking calories, balanced up with regular exercise.

I set myself a 22 week programme to lose 3 stone (42 pounds). I work out on my rowing machine at least 4 times per week, and I make good use of myfitnesspal to track my net calorie intake, fat intake and sugar intake (I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes). In 7 weeks, I have lost over 20 pounds by being "sensible." I am on track, as I expected the first half of my target weight loss to come off quicker than the second half. My rate of weight loss will slow down at some point, so I believe that I will make my target with only days to go.

I would be terrified to try any fasting or fad diet, as it could put me in hospital. And why would I? What I am doing is working!
  • 76claire
    76claire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend doing this as a diet and definitely not to prepare for a physical assessment . I did it for ten days every January for four years as a new year 'cleanse'. The weight dropped off but I had no energy - exercise was out of the question. Any weight I did lose came back on as soon as I started eating again.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your time. Focus more on eating healthy/drinking lots of water/exercising.

this.

these "fast" diets don't work. you're just taking dumb risks with your body and putting yourself through stress.
    eat clean and go to the gym.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    I know these lose weight quick diets don't normally work or keep the weight off but I am going to do this diet and see if it works for quick results. I have a physical fitness test coming up soon and I need to drop a lot of weight quick for it. If anyone else has done this, how well did it work for you?
    How does drinking lemonade increase your fitness?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I do the Master Cleanse Diet 4 days in a row 3 times a year. I usually lose 5lbs, but half that is water weight. I do not do it for weight loss. I do it to purge my cravings for bad food. It helps jumpstart me into a better eating pattern.

I have done it for 10 days and though I did lose 15lbs, it left me with stomach pains! I recommend the Paleo Diet over this one, but that is just me. I do like The Master Cleanse Diet, but I will not do it over 4 days ever again.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options

Sweetie a quick fix is not what you want... I was just saying this to a friend lastnight that wants to lose 20lbs in a month... 1-2lbs a day is NOT safe at all.. 1-2 lbs a week is safe and healthy, you dont want to start your life change on the wrong path... that the harder but safer one, i admit it can get discouraging but when you see the weight and inches melting off it feels amazing. I hope you think long and hard and talk to a DR before doing this quick fix
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Boo.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Oh God, I would so die of heart burn if I tried that. Sounds like a recipe to damage your GI tract, beginning with your teeth, and continuing all the way out the other end.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you would be too weak to do well on your test.
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    How does drinking lemonade increase your fitness?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This was my concern- if you have a fitness test, you're going to fail simply because you won't have the energy to do anything!!
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    My brother-in-law tried it. He called it 'The Ring of Fire!" lol :explode:
  • taydalady
    taydalady Posts: 1
    Options
    I did it and I did lose weight quick but as soon as it comes to working out I had no energy. So instead this time around I just ate a good mean the day before around 4 and then didn't eat the rest of the day just drank alot of water. I took my test first thing and was good from that point. I had the energy I needed to do everything but I was not too hungry.
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just want everyone to know I chose not to do it. I started it in the morning and by the afternoon I knew I needed food and so I ate. I have been through another surgery since then which halted me with working out. I am now working out, maybe too hard and eating better. Thank you all so much for your great advise. I apologize I did not respond to this sooner. Thanks again!!
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    sounds good can I put vodka in it.

nah but seriously what a waste of time