Breakfast Ideas

Options
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. So I wanted some new, quick, and easy ideas to try. If you have recipes that would be great. And pictures are lovely, too :)

Replies

• loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My fav is egg white ( the ones in the carton) with spinach,onion,tomatoe, veggie shreds cheese. 2 chicken sausage links and sara lee 45 calories bread (1 slice). old fashion breakfast without the old fashion calories.
  • CGrace76
    CGrace76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorites...

Thin bagel sandwich with fried egg & cheese of choice
    Pre-cooked, pre-weighed sausage & a hard boiled egg
    Omelets: tomato & spinach, mushroom & turkey, peppers & salsa..the options are endless
    Cereal - Im a Cherrio fanatic
    Yogurt, granola, & fruit
    Low-carb waffle sandwich with fruit & yogurt in the center
    Toast with peanut butter & banana
    Oatmeal

Sorry, no pics. I should start doing that. Good luck!

13897357.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Today's breakfast was the best I've ever had!
    2x van's light waffles (140 cal) topped with
    2 tbls dark chocolate dreams peanut butter (170 cal) and
    2 tbls walden farms marshmallow fluff (0 cal)
    And my morning coffee protein mix (120 cal)
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal so I make tropical oatmeal which is

Oatmeal with either milk or almond milk
    Tbsp of coconut
    Three large pieces of dried mango diced
    10 almonds

It is about 315 cals for one cup. It also keeps you full longer.
  • DebinAZ
    DebinAZ Posts: 30
    Options
    Here's my new favorite:

Steel cut oats with dark chocolate piece and raspberry/pomegranate natural fruit spread, and a tbsp of cream. Full of antioxidants.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I try and make a batch of healthy muffins on Sundays that last me through the weekday work mornings. Sometimes I will boil a few eggs to add into the mix.

I also , like mixing fruit (usually berries of some sort) with granola and yogurt.
  • FalvoPS
    FalvoPS Posts: 25
    Options
    My typical breakfast includes:

1 cup of coffee with 2 tablespoons of fat free 1/2
    1/4 cup of old fashioned oats with cinnamon and one packed of truvia
    4 egg whites and 2 whole eggs scrambled with McCormick fiery 5 pepper seasoning
    4 tablespoons of medium salsa on eggs

380 calories, 35g of protein, 34g of carbs, and 10g of fat
  • Emilybryar
    Emilybryar Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love a simple activia yogurt and banana, or cottage cheese with grapes or banana it is really yummy.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    My favourite breakfast is:

3 crispbreads (I like Ryvita cracked black pepper)
    a generous dollop of low-fat cottage cheese (seasoned with more black pepper because I love the taste)
    slices of smoked salmon (I get the sandwich squares, but any variety will do)
    or
    a slice of lean smoked ham rolled and placed on each crispbread

Scrambled egg with smoked salmon and crème fraiche or cream cheese (pre-snipper your smoked salmon or use salmon flakes, warm a skillet or small non-stick pan - it's shouldn't be too hot to touch - crack two eggs (per person) directly into the pan and with a wooden spoon, break the yolks and with a crossways motion - up & down then side to side - mix the eggs as they cook slowly, once they start to firm, add the salmon and cook until almost ready then add a dollop of crème fraiche or cream cheese and any seasoning as desired and mix together. Serve with your favourite toasted bread, bagle or baked good.)

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • claricecollins
    Options
    Thank you, this all sounds amazing. I'll have to give everything a go :)
  • bigmomma33537
    Options
    That idea souds good. I am not a big breakfast person an never have been. Is that just the quick cooking oats? Also is that just a dark chocolate candy bar piece? How much of the fruit spread do you add to this? And is the Tablespoon of cream like the kind you put in coffee?

I am so sorry for all the questions but am new here and want so badly to start eating right and getting this weight off me.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    This is my favorite brekky:
    Preheat oven to 400.
    Spray the pan with nonstick spray.
    Take 3 slices of lean ham, lean turkey breast, or Canadian bacon, and line 3 muffin..um..holes..with them. haha. I'm so eloquent...
    Crack 3 eggs right on top of the meat. Or, you can do what I do, and crack 2 eggs, and then fill the last one with liquid egg whites.
    Sprinkle with pepper or whatever spices you like on your eggs
    Bake for 12 minutes
    Enjoy! They come out like little ham and egg cups and are adorable!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I often do smoothies with a low cal yogurt, fresh fruit, spinach and a splash of no calorie juice. Sometimes I add oatmeal or cottage cheese to it to make it more hearty.

My most recent favorite is a flatout bread with 1 tblsp peanut butter, fresh strawberries, cinnamon. Roll up and cut into pinwheel slices.
  • DebinAZ
    Options
    Preheat oven to 400.
    Take 3 slices of lean ham, lean turkey breast, or Canadian bacon, and line 3 muffin..um..holes..with them. haha. I'm so eloquent...
    Crack 3 eggs right on top of the meat. Or, you can do what I do, and crack 2 eggs, and then fill the last one with liquid egg whites.
    Bake for 12 minutes

LOL! Got a good laugh from reading your post. :)
  • DebinAZ
    Options
    That idea souds good. I am not a big breakfast person an never have been. Is that just the quick cooking oats? Also is that just a dark chocolate candy bar piece? How much of the fruit spread do you add to this? And is the Tablespoon of cream like the kind you put in coffee?

I am so sorry for all the questions but am new here and want so badly to start eating right and getting this weight off me.

Sorry for the delay in answering. I just saw your post. The steel cut oats cook in about 5 minutes (I get the Irish steel cut oats). I use an 86% dark chocolate square and break it up in the bottom of the bowl, then put the hot oatmeal over it, use about 1.5 tablespoons of the fruit spread, then I put a tablespoon of sugar-free creamer like used for coffee (both the vanilla and hazelnut flavored are awesome).
  • linpen12
    linpen12 Posts: 8
    Options
    Preheat oven to 400.
    Bake for 12 minutes

I will definitley be trying this!
  • vichick20
    vichick20 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like to make strawberries and cream oatmeal and blueberry lemon loaf :)

IMG_0821-1.jpg

iphone05-2012015-2-1.jpg

Both recipes can be found on my blog "Delaine's Skinny Delights": http://delainesskinnydelights.blogspot.ca/