Toning up at home...

Hey,

Does anybody have any ideas of helpful exercises that can be used for toning up your core at home? Without any weights or special material needed? Would appreciate the help :)

Replies

• Dumbluck83
    Dumbluck83 Posts: 10
    If you know anyone that is doing the P90x work out. Ask to borrow the ab ripper dvd. Move are pretty simple to remember after awhile.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    "toning" means reducing body fat % to where the underlying muscle can be seen.

So while it's true that exercise plays a role in toning (there has to be muscle present in order for it to be seen), the majority of toning happens in the kitchen.

So to tone at home, my suggestion is to eat better.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    If you mean exercises that can be done at home to strengthen your abs, there is a lot you can do that are purely body weight moves. You can start with planks (and the 3 million variations of it), for instance.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Pilates are good for strengthening your core, there are lots of videos on youtube if you dont want to spend money on a dvd :)
  • krm0789
    krm0789 Posts: 134 Member
    Pilates is great for it. I like Ellen Barrett's Pick Your Spot Pilates, & one from ExerciseTV (RIP). When you've built up your core strength, P90X ab ripper x is incredible. I look forward to being in shape enough to tackle that again!