What is the 30 Day Shred?

Options
What is the 30 day shred I hear people take about?

Replies

• Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    Jillian Michaels workout, 20 minutes long. There are 3 levels, you do each level for 10 days. It's pretty awesome, I saw some muscles after 4 days of the workout that I hadn't seen since high school! :bigsmile:
  • wendiann2222
    Options
    I just bought it. Have you ever watched The Biggest Loser (at least the earlier episodes)? Jillian Michaels is the hardcore trainer. I've been meaning to start the 30 Day Shred by doing it every 2nd day with Pilates from Netflix on the other days. Unfortunately I have a sore throat, sore ears, and feelin' overall ****ty. So once I feel better, I'll let you know how it is.
    Also, its only 10 bucks at walmart.... I could waste more money at a coffee shop lol
  • Cyndi62
    Cyndi62 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked the question, cause i kept wondering what it was too! :embarassed:

$10 bucks?! I can do THAT!
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I got it for $8.50 on Amazon. That includes shipping and handling.
  • lovemykids58
    lovemykids58 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just got mine. $6 on amazon with free shipping - Gonna try it for the 1st time tonight
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    30 day shred-Jillian Michaels.
    3 levels, 25 mins of circuit training.
    3 circuits in every workout--Each circuit has 3mins of strength training, 2mins cardio1min abs.

It's amazing! It will kick your butt. I highly recommend this workout. There are two people you can follow beside Jillian, one who does an advanced version of the workouts, and one who modifies it to be easier.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You spend a whole month feeding waste paper through an office shredder. Arms are hella big by the end of it.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout! I only have 3 days left!!! All you need is the DVD and some hand weights. Each workout is about 25 minutes long and they are pretty intense but you get such great results! Jillian is my new bff!:)
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I bought this last week and plan to open it today! Glad to hear people have seen results with it! Hope I am one of them!
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    Ripped in 30 is her newer one that is the same concept, but with four levels. It is also worth the 10 bucks, and you can have a little more variety if that helps motivate you. I do lots of different videos because I get bored.
  • Cyndi62
    Cyndi62 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You spend a whole month feeding waste paper through an office shredder. Arms are hella big by the end of it.

:laugh: good one there! Maybe I should try THIS version to take care of the wobbly upper arms!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I've heard amazing things about this.. I plan on getting it this week since I don't have the option of a gym!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I was woundering to my friend told me that it was a diet for 30 days with a cabage soup and it really shreds your colun
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I am on day 21 today! Went from not even being able to do a GIRL pushup to doing a REAL ONE by Day 16-(ish?) I can't remember, but I surprised myself!
    Not great for losing weight according to the scale, but I had lost 7.5 inches by halfway through so I'm happy with that!

It's amazing! I'm not sure what I will try after I'm done, it's given me a great confidence boost! I recommend it for SURE!

edited for my usual horrible typos...
  • pjsmom2010
    pjsmom2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Check it out on Youtube for free. I saw all 3 levels on there. I just finished and will be moving on to Body Revolution this week.
  • sarahkaiser
    Options
    I just bought the DVD and it got delivered last night. I usually do cardio at the gym (elliptical, bike, stair master...) would you recommend doing both? or not going to the gym and only doing 30DS? also what weights does she use in the DVD? 2lbs? 3lbs?
  • prov31jd
    prov31jd Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just got it through NetFlix and this morning was Day 2 for me. Day 1 kicked my butt -- I was very surprised. I had to take a day off in between (plus it was Mother's Day, so my kids "made" me take the day off . . .good excuse?)

I hope to continue daily and reach 30 days. I'll post results then.
  • wendiann2222
    Options
    for weights, I'm currently using 3 lbs but plan to go to 5 lbs eventually
    How are you logging the workout in MFP? i use 20 mins of general aerobics
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just did day 7 today, noticed I'm a lot more leaner now and my calves are killer! I love it!
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    I have a friend that just got a virus on her computer from the youtube ones so just be careful! I got the DVD for less then $10 busks at Walmart. Money well spent, this video is super amazing and great for moms with young kids who can't make it out of the house for one reason or another. I do my video when my son naps. :smile: