New and needing to lose 120lbs

Options
My name is Tabby. I am married with 2 children. When I was in high school I weighed 145 lbs and 11 years later I weigh 270 lbs. I am needing some help and encouragement.

Replies

• mimichen
    Options
    Good Luck, You can do it. This is a great site. My advice is to keep track of your calorie intake, it really helps when you write it down.
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    WElcom
    you can do it!!!
    this is a great site
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site. Since joining I have lost 50lbs. It really does help to track everything you eat. Remember calories in calories out.
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME!
    you took a wonderful first step by joining this site! I have lost I have lost over 75 pounds now and this site has helped with a lot of the things that I couldn't track on my own. Congrats on your new lifestyle!
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I started close to your weight and I was able to lose 72 pounds so far. Lots of dedication is needed but I know you can do it!!! Good luck!!!
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    MFP rocks! Welcome!!
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Take it one day at a time and hang in there.:smile::wink: :happy:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    I started MFP in June with a similar goal (105 lbs to lose) & have lost 44 lbs. You can definitely reach your goal :)
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! Keep track of all your food and exercise on this site and be honest to yourself. Log every bite that you eat and move everyday. It will take hard work and determination, but you are not alone. We are all here to help each other achieve what we never thought we could...a brand new life. Believe in yourself and anything is possible! YOU CAN DO THIS! :happy:

223713.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I can completely relate and encourage you to really nose around here and find some great resources and support. I absolutely love this approach. It's really working for me.. one day at a time, really.

I also read two great books that really kicked me in the pants.. let me know if you want the titles.

Good luck!

Marci
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: