Salt gets me everytime!

Options
So I had a really good day yesterday, ate healthy and had lots of caloolegt, so went for a small bowl of Miss Vickies salt and malt vinegar, chips.

Knew while I was eating them it would be bad.. It was. Gained for the first time in a week.. But this is so typical for me. Any high sodium snack will cause a decent gain the next day that disappears the next day. Damn water weight!

Serves me right.

Replies

• Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oops *calories left. Not caloolegt lol
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Try drinking more water if you are going for high sodium foods to flush it out.

I once gained 5lb from water weight. Drank plenty of water on the day of my weigh in, next day weighed myself again and it all disappeared.
  • scottstephens79
    scottstephens79 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Salt gets me too. Switching from cheddar to swiss cheese has helped me lots. As well as tweaking oatmeal with my own additions (as opposed to buying pre-flavored packets). And yes, I too will get 3-5lbs in weight swings if go over on my sodium the day before my weekly weigh-in.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Salt gets everyone. You can accelerate the flushing of it from your system with extra water, but it's going to be there for at least a day no matter what you do. It's the cost of those delicious, wonderfully salty snacks. ;)
  • Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If I drank anymore water id float!!
    I drink 120 or more ounces a day lol.

Salt just does it to me. Always has.