2 weights every time

Options
Every time I weigh myself I do it 3 times in a row. The first time the number is always much higher than the second time and the third time the number matches the second time exactly. If I continue weighing the number will always remain at the second weigh in number. I like to tell myself that the second number is more accurate because it stays there multiple times but is that true? Should I only weigh once and keep that number even if it is higher?

Replies

• cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It's most likely your scale. Mine did that, too, so I bought a new one.

This one is has been very consistent when I've tested it out:

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1337011941&sr=8-2
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Try putting something on the scale that you know the weight of, and see what happens.:smile:
  • hannahbanana0480
    hannahbanana0480 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's a little obsessive to me....just weigh once. I think you are looking for a lower number and if you just go with the one number the first time...chances are it will go down as you really lose weight. You're pulling strings to get a lower number.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Some digital scales have a memory feature that if your weight fluctuates by a small amount, it will display the last weight instead of the real weight. Google your scale and see if it has that feature.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Some scales are programmed to display the last number they displayed if your weight hasn't deviated much since the last time you weighed yourself. If they didn't do this, your weight would be slightly different every time you stepped on because bathroom scales just aren't very accurate.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    ive had this hapen to me to i try not to breath to much while i weigh and not even fart or let anything else out of my body