Being Held Accountable

Options
Hi everyone

I have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. When I look at pictures from the past I remember feeling overweight at that point, and I looked slim compared to now. Not that I'm overly obese, but I'm definitely not a healthy weight.
I find I will be gunhoe for a few weeks with eating properly, then I feel deprived and bing eat on everything ... urrrgh I want soo desperately to stop this binging cycle I've fallen in.
I'm the biggest I've ever been, and now my 'fat pants' are starting to feel tight. The stretch marks on my lower tummy are just disgusting ..
I'm writing all this for you to see to I feel some accountability with my weight lose, I really want to be successful. I'm a fan of making a wish when the time reaches the same digits like 11:11, and my wish right now is for the strenth to loose weight, because I know there is no miracle drug or weight loose plan.
It takes hard work, and the will power to say no!!!
I'm hoping to really turn things around, and get back to a comfortable weight
Thanks for reading

Replies

• gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome here. You can do it. Keep your eyes on the goals and gets there one step at a time!
  • saltyraisins
    saltyraisins Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've definitely been there. It's rough, but the most important thing is to dust yourself off, forgive yourself, and start over. Welcome back! Feel free to add me as a friend... I'll be supportive where I can.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    All the best. You can do it. I think the thing that helped me most was that fact I decided NOT to go on a "diet", but decided to change my lifestyle. I'm not depriving myself...I had chocolate brownies and bbq chicken at the weekend, and sometimes have Ben & Jerry's FroYo raspberry fudge..lol. It's more that I decided to cut out junk food, eat a more "mediterranean" way, exercise more, throw out the processed stuff and still have an occasional treat and glass of wine.

I've also found that eating 5 times a day keeps me going. I have something like oatmeal or eggs or toast for breakfast, a snack of almonds or nuts mid-morning, a healthy lunch, another snack (banana/orange) mid afternoon and a healthy dinner. Then I have a healthy but delicious dessert of greek yoghurt with frozen blueberries topped with a little granola. I don't feel deprived. I feel like I'm eating more, and I'm seeing the weight come off. I enjoy the foods I eat, and you can friend me if you want - my diary is open (to keep me accountable to my friends) and I watch my sodium intake!!!

Welcome and I hope you do well, and like I said, you can friend me if you wish. :)
  • sigmabody
    sigmabody Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Dynamic!

Loved your message and determination! Remember if you think about it as a LIFESTYLE change and not just losing weight I think you'll find that thought process taking you even further. Would love to be your friend and all the best!!
  • Jadebryan
    Jadebryan Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Dynamic- I completely understand where your coming from. Here is something else that I have changed just recently. I have tired (and know at times I mess up) to change my language when it comes to what we call “weight loss” to weight releasing. Because I am releasing it, I’m letting go. If I continue to say things like I’ve “lost weight” then I feel emotionally that I’m giving myself permeation to except it if my body gains it or “finds” the weight again. I’m not sure if it makes since what I’m saying. But my mentor, Dabrena Jackson Gandy, inspirational and motivational keynote speaker and author of Sacred Pampering Principles and All the Joy You Can Stand really helped me to look at my language through which I say things, and how things come about that we bring about. I know my first post I said I lost 45 pounds, but truth be told I am not trying to find it again. LOL Anyway good luck to you in you reaching your goal.