Have you Done any of these programs?!

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
Right now im on Level 1 Day 3 of JM30DS... Wont lie I hate it but I wont give up and im going to complete the program.... Im trying to figure out what program I should go to after I finish... I want to give my body a day or 2 and then start the new program...

Heres a List of a few that Ive looked at....

#1 Hip Hop Abs... Love the idea of working my abs with out being on the floor..
#2 Slim in Six... Seen some amazing results of friends but dont know much about the program...
#3 Brazilian Butt Lift... Almost bought this but then I bought Power 90(which I hate)
#4 Insanity.... So many friends have said to do this its amazing you will love it.. but im thinking the name is what is throwing me off...

If you have done any of these can you tell me your opinion on these....

Replies

• shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I bought Hip Hop Abs and didnt like it at all. I rather do Zumba than that.
    I did Insanity and it was Insane. It was hard and I didnt see that great of results.
    I am doing ChaLean Extream right now and am loving it.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I have # 3 and love it. There is a link to my results on my profile
    I have 1 dvd of #1: Hip Hops Abs Extreme. It is a fun dvd that makes me burn about 500 calories in 1 hour. I can't comment on the entire program.

Have you considered Turbo Fire or Chalean Extreme? Turbofire is like insanity but a lot more toned down. It is a kickboxing type workout that is really fun. I have done a few dvds.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sorry babe, I'm a hardcore JM fan so I haven't tried those, but check the reviews on Amazon I've found the ones in the mid star range to be the most helpful.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I completed Slim in 6 and am currently on the Slim Series which is beyond Slim in 6. I like her workouts because there isn't a lot of "dancy" moves that I have to learn, I hate too complicated workout tapes, I like straight forward. It's mainly squats, lunges, weights etc. I like it a lot. After I complete the Slim Series, after talking at length with my uncle I will move on to P90x.

Added note I just started Slim Series maybe 2-3 weeks ago, Total just from really the Slim in 6 I'm down 34.5 lbs and 20.75 inches.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs really fun, I like Shaun T. Insanity is totally insanity and should whip you into good Cardio shape. My favorite workout though is TurboFire. It's fun. Chalean Extreme is also a good program. Are you looking for cardio workouts or cardio/strength training workouts?
  • xYumzx
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs really fun, I like Shaun T. Insanity is totally insanity and should whip you into good Cardio shape. My favorite workout though is TurboFire. It's fun. Chalean Extreme is also a good program. Are you looking for cardio workouts or cardio/strength training workouts?

I think both being that I dont want to lose all this weight and then have to work twice as hard on the strength training/toning...
  • mabear74
    Options
    Then I would lean more towards something like P90X or Chalean Extreme. They are better combinations of both. Insanity is pretty much pure cardio, TurboFire is mostly cardio, but does have some core/sculpting days. I have done both P90X and Chalean Extreme and I prefer Chalean Extreme, it's geared more towards women (IMO)
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What exactly do you hate about JM DVD? That may help people give you feedback about a new fitness program to try. What are you trying to get out of it? Gain Muscle? Lose Inches? Lose Weight?
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I have done slim in 6 (too easy and rather boring) and I love insanity but it is really tough if you are not already in shape.
  • JDKD82199
    JDKD82199 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love Hip Hop Abs. I think it is a fun workout but not too hardcore. I am in the middle of Insanity and I have seen results, I actually need to buy new jeans because my favorite pair are now too big. It is a love hate realationship with Insanity, definately a butt kicker! Have not tried the others.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

I think both being that I dont want to lose all this weight and then have to work twice as hard on the strength training/toning...

Then I think Chalean Extreme might be a good fit. I haven't done it but it has a good balance of cardio and strength training. If you want something more challenging, I would recommend P90X. That is the program that got me in the shape I am at today and LOVE IT. It is a bit more focused on body strength but has a couple of cardio days in the mix.
  • xYumzx
    Options
    What exactly do you hate about JM DVD? That may help people give you feedback about a new fitness program to try. What are you trying to get out of it? Gain Muscle? Lose Inches? Lose Weight?

I just dont feel motivated ... Right now Im doing it with my friend and we are committed to completeing it but thats the reason im sticking with it because i made a commitment .... And I HATE how she raddles on about things.... she trys to be funny but in the long run I want to throw the DVD out the window....
  • xYumzx
    Options
    Then I would lean more towards something like P90X or Chalean Extreme. They are better combinations of both. Insanity is pretty much pure cardio, TurboFire is mostly cardio, but does have some core/sculpting days. I have done both P90X and Chalean Extreme and I prefer Chalean Extreme, it's geared more towards women (IMO)

I dont know about P90X i heard thats pretty crazy and I just cant get moving with Tony
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity before and P90x BUT did not get the result I wanted because I did NOT eat properly. I found out this when I started logging my food intake :o lol So now I'm doing better thanks to MFP :)

Right now I've been doing Beachbody Brazil Butt Lift and I LOVE IT! I loved Insanity better than P90X but muscles burn fat so when I was doing them last year and the year before I wasn't losing because my body thought I was starving it. So I would say it depends on what your goal is and then you can determine which one you want to do. Either ones are great though.
  • mabear74
    Options
    I have a few Jillian Micheals DVD's and can't stand them.....she drives me insane, but everyone is different. When I did P90X after the first few weeks I had to mute Tony, but still loved the workouts. Chalene Johnson (TurboFire, TurboJam, Chalean Extreme) just doesn't annoy me and somehow motivates me.....time and time again.
  • xYumzx
    Options
    I have a few Jillian Micheals DVD's and can't stand them.....she drives me insane, but everyone is different. When I did P90X after the first few weeks I had to mute Tony, but still loved the workouts. Chalene Johnson (TurboFire, TurboJam, Chalean Extreme) just doesn't annoy me and somehow motivates me.....time and time again.

I have heard alot about her work outs, and above it was said shes more towards women which I LOVE... JM she just makes me feel fat... =(
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Insanity is the best out of the ones you listed.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Some friends swear by Insanity, it seems like a great workout. I do have Turbo Jam and she's awesome! So Turbo Fire and Chalene Extreme sound like good options too.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Coll...I have done #1 and #2. I like hip hop abs I just dont feel the challenge in it. I did slim in six in my skinner days and I liked it then. I dont have them anymore. I would like to try Insanity but I still feel to out of shape for it.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I'm doing Chalean Extreme and love it.