New with a Long Way to Go

Options
I started using myfitnesspal about a week ago. So far, I have lost 8 pounds which makes me really exited! But my goal weight is 175, which is where a lot of people start from, not end up. So I've got a looooong way to go yet. But I am so thankful for this program and what I've accomplished so far!

Replies

• nicky521
    nicky521 Posts: 10
    Options
    I find just taking it one day at a time is easy. Trying to meet my calorie goal and making an honest effort to go the gym is doing it for me. Congrats on the 8 lbs. Since starting last week I've lost 5. I'm currently 230 and going down to 145, so I understand the whole long way to go thing! You should be proud of yourself!
  • drlebo13
    drlebo13 Posts: 9
    Options
    Thanks! The dieting part is easy for me. It's getting myself to work out that's the challenge. Trying to bike to a lot of places. :)
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi all, been on here for about 2 weeks. Managed to lose 6lb, then went on holiday and put 5lbs back on. Will soon have it shifted. Want to lose about a stone of jelly belly. :laugh:
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You are doing great but don't get discouraged if your weight loss slows down the closer you get to your goal. Just keep up the good work
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You are doing great but don't get discouraged if your weight loss slows down the closer you get to your goal. Just keep up the good work

This :-) I am 19 pounds away from my goal and I have been fluctuating between 158 and 157.6 for almost two weeks. The scale doesn't move but I can feel the difference with my clothes. It took me a long time to finally accept non scale victories as part of my progress.
  • ashleymarie0104
    ashleymarie0104 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow I am amazed at how much weight you lostin just one week! Way to go! I am also new here this is my first week and I am not sure what to expect but I am committed and I know you are too. I sent you a friend request I would love to see how you progress. We have to support each other ya know.
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Last July I started at 206 and am now down to 145. You can do it! Just take it one day at a time. There will be ups and down. I have stalled twice in the last 10 months but have gotten through with lots of patience! My goal is 140 and it seems to be taking forever to lose the last few pounds but I am determined. The biggest thing to help me was to just change 1 thing at a time. If I try to change to many things at once I have a harder time sticking to it. When I would get discouraged early on I would tell myself to imagine how I would look a year from now if I did this everyday and it somehow helped me. I was a size 20 and my goal size was 10 but I passed that and now I am in 8's and I haven't been this small in over 20 years! Just keep the image of want you want in your mind and focus on that!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Most of those 8 lbs were probably water, if you dropped them in a week. Still, though, if diet is the easy part for you, you'll be at your goal in no time at all! You can't out-exercise a bad diet - probably 80% of the loss you will see will come from diet alone. You can do it! I look forward to seeing your NSV posts and progress pics. :)
  • parker444
    parker444 Posts: 1
    Options
    :wink: Well today is my first day with myfitnesspal and also my first day on a new workout routine. I am trying to cut my calories and burn some too. My goal is to lose the weight I gained over the last yr. which is about 15ils. It sucks to have all these cute clothes that I can't get into anymore. So I want to do something about it and get healthier also. It will feel good to get busy for myself!:
  • drlebo13
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I'm determined to get under 200 lbs by the end of June because I'm flying to China after that and I don't have a clue what that will do to my diet! :tongue:
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    That's were i fell into trouble when we went away for a week. It was hard to get a healthy breakfast when out with my husband. Especially when he was having full english breakfast. I normally have porridge.
  • drlebo13
    Options
    Yeah, I'm hoping I can stick to it. I don't know if I'll have access to MFP while I'm there though. But I've heard that where I'm going in southern China it's so hot and you have to walk everywhere so you're bound to lose weight. I hope that's really the case!
    Plus, eating with chopsticks, you can only get so much into your mouth at a time. :laugh: