Food is all i think about!

Options
Seriously, im always thinking about what i can eat next....during the day i eat well. I bring my lunch to work and have healthy snacks through out the day but by the time dinner comes i crave something that i absoutly should not be eating. Any ideas for getting my mind off food...?

Replies

• danajones1900
    danajones1900 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Ha! I thought you were reading my mind, I feel like this all the time? How long have you been "dieting" ? I feel that in the beginning, its hard, but eventually your body will get used to it.

The way I've been handling it is by constantly snacking on lowfat foods, like fruit, or rice cakes, or even a glass of water. I recently purchased a whey protein shake to take in between meals, I haven't taken it yet, but I hear that it really helps with that feeling of always being hungry.

hope that helps.
  • socoisela
    socoisela Posts: 1
    Options
    The same thing happens to me, but the only time that I loose weight is when I program my food for the next two days and yes, I am looking at my list constantly to see what snack I am allowed to eat and defrost and prepare my next meal. I go out for a walk thinking what I can eat when I come back, so before I leave I leave an orange or a piece of watermelon handy. My problem this week was a party last weekend and after that I didnt make my menu. Today, I am focused and making my list for the week. I hope I can do it again.
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    i plan the week's meals in my head, i love food and i try to stick to my calorie plan! but to try and not snack in the evening i try to remember that it's normal to feel hungry and feeling hungry at meal times means you're probably eating the right amount, i also try and eat my meals more slowly, especially when i only have a small amount of the food i want to eat! 2 slices of pizza can last 20 minutes if i try hard enough!