NEED ENERGY!

Options
I need more energy. I find that while I'm watching my calorires I am getting more and more tired. I have a 2 and 3 yr old and need all my strength. What foods will give me more energy??

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed so I don't know what you are currently eating but the big 3, protein, carbs, fats (healthy), all give you energy as well as fiber. Chosing high protein foods should give you the best bang for your buck.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein? Enough carbs? Enough water? Enough fruits and veggies? Do you have any vitamin or minerals that are low?

Do you eat processed/frozen/premade meals and foods? I find those tend to suck the energy out of me. If I eat healthy, clean, non processed foods I have more energy.

Do you take a multi vitamin? I find those help as well once I have been taking them regularly for a week or two.
  • orr_stacie
    orr_stacie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • orr_stacie
    Options
    I do take a multivitamin every day. I am drinking ALOT of water. Im trying to watch my cholesterol so I have been limiting my meats. What foods will give me alot of protein without the cholesterol? And I have not eaten processed foods is weeks.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I feel you on that. I am on the same boat as you are. I have tried everything and I have no energy at all. I have a 4 month and I am exhausted all the time. I feel like trying eating right and sleeping doesn't work for me. I try to sleep less then 7 hours or more and its still not enough. If you find a way to get energy please let me know :) Good Luck.
  • becky3277
    becky3277 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    We'd all be guessing without being able to see what you're eating. My guess would be that you're either not eating enough OR eating too many carbs and not enough protein.
  • kristy6ward
    kristy6ward Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    When I started feeling run down and it wasn't due to lack of sleep, it was because I was eating too few calories. I upped my calories so I'd at least be eating my bmr if not netting and immediately started feeling like a powerhouse of energy.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    PROTEIN ....another thing that helps me is crystal light engery(low in sugar and only 10 calories) Add it to my morning water and I'm good:) Also hot tea works as well:)
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Your right I upped my calories to about 1450...feel better:)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you don't eat enough calories, it can be a cause for being lethargic. Since you are with your children all day, you should be lightly active. Also, based on your goal, you should be aiming for 1.5 lbs per week. Anything else will be too much for your body.
  • orr_stacie
    Options
    Thank You
  • Julieheegel
    Options
    It is essential that you're taking in adequate calories to fuel your body; also if you're working out consistently you will need to up your protein intake. I also have cholesterol problems; some high protein foods that are also low in cholesterol include beans, lentils, nuts, fat-free dairy (greek yogurt, non-fat milk), lean meats like chicken breast, and fish that are full of healthy fats (omega-3s) like salmon. Get looking online or at the library for new recipes to try that include some of these; have fun & good luck!
  • orr_stacie
    Options
    My weekly goal is 2 lbs. Total weight loss goal is 73. My calories are a little over 1400. I think I need more.
  • orr_stacie
    Options
    Thank you for the food suggestions!!
  • Jess81620
    Jess81620 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Make sure your not eating too much sugar. It take cause your blood sugar to spike then drop off below normal causing you to feel tired.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    My weekly goal is 2 lbs. Total weight loss goal is 73. My calories are a little over 1400. I think I need more.

More won't hurt you if you're working out. It's OK to eat back what you burn (eat more to lose more theory). Research BMR and TDEE, and try to ignore the MFP messages about how much you'll weigh if you keep eating whatever you're eating because it's not accurate.
  • orr_stacie
    Options
    Thank You! I think I'm getting in too much of a hurry to lose the weight. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Time4tee
    Time4tee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Although this is not my post, this is the reason I came here today. I had been feeling great but the last few days it takes everything I have just to walk. I have increased my workout days from 3 to 5. I think I need to take in more calories, I have been trying to stay under my daily intake amount and not use the "free" calories from workouts but I guess it has caught up with me. All the information given was very helpful. Good Luck to all.