Strange NSV (Possibly TMI)

Options
HelloSweetie4
HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
Just wanted to share an NSV I had last night. When my husband and I moved in together (when we were dating) I would sleep in just a shirt and underwear. As I gained weight, I felt uncomfortable and starting wearing cloth pants to bed. My husband has always told me he loves when I sleep in just a shirt and underwear because he thinks it's sexy, but I would always make an excuse not to (like I haven't shaved my legs or I'm too cold). For some reason I was embarassed to tell him it was because I didn't like how my legs looked, which is strange for me because I tell him everything.
Well, last night I was getting into my PJs and saw myself in the mirror before I put on my pants. I love my legs now! I was able to sleep half the night w/o pants on (I got up in the middle of the night and put on pants because my husband got dirt in the bed and it was making me itchy) lol

Strange NSV, I know. But an NSV none-the-less!

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    If it feels like an NSV to you....then it is one! good for you!
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I am exactly the same way... I have to sleep in pj's even if I'm too hot :( I am really happy for you!
  • sharonfoncannon
    sharonfoncannon Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good for you. PS Tell hubby if he wants you in just t-shirt and panties to not track dirt to bed. :)
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone, I went through the same progression. Congrats!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's great!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!!

My boyfriend always bugs me about wearing lots of clothes to bed too - says I might as well put on a winter snowsuit. One day I'll be comfortable enough for a tank top and underwear. :)
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Congrats girl!! I can't wait until I can love my legs also!! You are doing great!! :flowerforyou:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    awesome, it is great when you start loving your body again
  • blueandigo
    blueandigo Posts: 296
    Options
    That's sexy. Good job.
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options
    Good for you. PS Tell hubby if he wants you in just t-shirt and panties to not track dirt to bed. :)

I did tell him that! lol He keeps putting his shoes on the bed and wonders why dirt gets on the sheet! I've been trying to train him not to for 8 years! boys will be boys i guess
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I agree; that's Wonderful!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! i love when people gain confidence! confidence is sexy!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Great story. It's a milestone and success for you :)
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    umm, is he burying bodies at night? why dirt in the bed? That would drive me insane!!!!
  • HelloSweetie4
    Options
    umm, is he burying bodies at night? why dirt in the bed? That would drive me insane!!!!

haha it does drive me insane! He doesn't like to take his shoes off until he goes to bed, but he likes to veg out on the bed and he puts his feet up. I never have time to make the bed before I leave for work in the morning, so he just plops down on top of the messed up sheets and stuff. I told him I wouldn't care as much if the bed was made because then at least the dirt wouldn't get between the sheets. I don't want to know what his place would look like if we weren't together! lol
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    He keeps putting his shoes on the bed and wonders why dirt gets on the sheet! I've been trying to train him not to for 8 years! boys will be boys i guess

I've been trying to train mine for 12 years - it doesn't get any easier! lol And we have two little boys who are picking up all daddy's bad habits!!

Increased confidence is a definite NSV!! Good for you!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    For me, I've almost always insisted on pants for bed regardless... It's mostly because my chubbalicious thighs stick together and I HATE IT... maybe an NSV for me will be sleeping naked or something LMAO
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your NSV!!
  • sdrawkcabynot
    sdrawkcabynot Posts: 466 Member
    Options

haha it does drive me insane! He doesn't like to take his shoes off until he goes to bed, but he likes to veg out on the bed and he puts his feet up. I never have time to make the bed before I leave for work in the morning, so he just plops down on top of the messed up sheets and stuff. I told him I wouldn't care as much if the bed was made because then at least the dirt wouldn't get between the sheets. I don't want to know what his place would look like if we weren't together! lol

Oh - I would kill! LOL! And lord knows he isn't going to make the bed! Makes me wanna run home and change my sheets right now! I think I may just do that as soon as I get home from work! haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!