ZUMBA ANYONE

HEY GUYS I AM DOING ZUMBA AND WHEN I AM FINISH I HAVE A PAIN IN MY NECK AND MY BACK I WONDER WHY I HAVE THOSE I WAS WONDERING ARE THESE HAPPING TO YOU TOO THANKS

Replies

• When I do Zumba my neck has never hurt, are you flipping your head around fast? However , my back hurt alot after I would do Zumba 1 on wii, now I have Zumba 2 and it does not bother me anymore. I wonder if you change up the songs and or class you would find some relief? Also doing alot of stretching after for the hips is essential.
  • bena0218
    bena0218 Posts: 41
    When I do Zumba my neck has never hurt, are you flipping your head around fast? However , my back hurt alot after I would do Zumba 1 on wii, now I have Zumba 2 and it does not bother me anymore. I wonder if you change up the songs and or class you would find some relief? Also doing alot of stretching after for the hips is essential.
    no i dont turn my neck but thanks for the advice
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I never had any neck or back pain from Zumba. Is it a soreness, like you've overworked your muscles? Or is it a different type of pain? If it's muscle soreness, try stretching well before and after and it will likely lessen as your fitness improvements.

If it doesn't feel like normal muscle soreness, I would discuss it with my doctor. Some pain is safe to ignore or work through, and some is not.
  • Bigsexy290
    Bigsexy290 Posts: 29
    I've had those pains before, but it was because i wasn't use to the moves that was being done or i didn't have a good support bra on.
  • are you doing squats in your workouts. because i have noticed when i first started working out i was do squats in my zumba routines and i wasnt doing them right and after i figuredi t out my back or neck never hurt again.