weekend bloat..........recovery tips

Options
so I've seen a lot of posts on here today about weight gains from the excess of mothers day weekend, and i'm in the same boat with 1.5lb gain.

what strategies are useful to help lose it in the next few days?

Up water................................but to how much?
cut down on sodium.............................but to what?

anyone have any answers to the above and any other suggestions

thanks all :)

Replies

• lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump - need some help with this one too!
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Me too.
  • LiddyBit
    LiddyBit Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    My advice is that bloat is temporary so just be patient and go back to a very clean eating habit for a few days (not insanely spartan just more mindful than usual, no cheating or treats) and don't use the bloat as an excuse to backslide into bad habits. In a few days you'll see that it was temporary and will take care of itself. If you're really worried, maybe fit in an extra workout this week to make up for things?
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what oyu are doing. The body won't hold on to it for long. Make sur eoyu are getting in all your fluids and eating properly. It will only stay around for a couple of days or so.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just eat clean.

The 8 glasses of water/day is just a myth anyways.
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Up water................................but to how much?
    cut down on sodium.............................but to what?

[/quote]

I think you'd need a professional to assess you to give out precise numbers. My weekend food babies tend to resolve themselves when I go back to being mindful of how I'm eating. If you want to cut down on sodium, decide to have fruit instead of pretzels today. If you want to up water, drink a glass of water. Don't overthink how much.
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    if you increase the amount of potassium you take in that will help flush the sodium from your system.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I always gain water weight on the weekend and Tuesday is weigh in day for me. I always drink 12 glasses of water on Monday and that does the trick for me and by Tuesday I am back down to what I should be. Good Luck!
  • shesapear
    shesapear Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Water and patience
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    *weekend food babies*

love this term! :-)
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    "The 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommend limiting sodium to less than 2,300 mg a day — or 1,500 mg if you're age 51 or older, or if you are black, or if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or chronic kidney disease.

Keep in mind that these are upper limits, and less is usually best, especially if you're sensitive to the effects of sodium. If you aren't sure how much sodium your diet should include, talk to your doctor. "

--Mayo Clinic Website
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/sodium/NU00284
  • DANCHAN1
    DANCHAN1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Not sure about sodium but I double my water at a minimum 16 glasses but typically I drink as much as I possibly can.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I retain water like nobody's business...and I just try to continuously flush it out with more water...
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    *weekend food babies*

love this term! :-)

hahaha, love it and it's so true! :tongue:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Water, water and water....
    Increase your intake of soluble fibres...eat more yogurt... take some vitamin b6....

....do some yoga...exercise...

....avoid pop....
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I feel awful today, way over did it with my eating this weekend....my body is seriously rebelling! Despite being in maintenance for almost a year, I've decided to drop my calories for just this week. Being a little more stringent with myself will help get me back on track and not allow this to set me back. I'm drinking lots of water, being very active, and praying my belly ache goes away :)
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I feel like green tea helps me with that too.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    -big bowl of raisin bran
    -double cardio
    -200 Oz of water

*im 6'5 261, so plan ur water acvordingly for ur ht//wt
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Water weight will go away in a few days once you're back to eating normal.

8-12 cups of water minimum
    Sodium around suggested 2500mg or lower
    High potassium foods
    Exercise