Water ideas???

Options
Skyla08
Skyla08 Posts: 32 Member
Hello Everyone! Just a quick question..looking for some ideas on how to flavor my water? Right now me and the hubby use lemon and lime which I LOVE!! but i'm looking for some other ideas to mix it up without having to use crystal lite or stuff like that. Trying to make it as natural as possible? I don't know how I could make any other flavors with fruit? I was wondering if I should buy a juicer and use that to get the juice out of the fruit to put in my water?? Any ideas would be great!!!

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    That Mio stuff isn't too bad.
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Make "Sassy Water", 1 gal of water, 1 cucumber, 1 lemon, 1 chunk ginger, let steep overnight and drink the next day.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    throw in some berries, orange slices, cucumber whatever fruits you like! Get funky with it! lol
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I put frozen berries in my water. Yummy!

Flavoured ice cubes.....

....drink sparkling water....
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Orange slices or frozen raspberries
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Saving for later :)
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I go to this one restaurant who always flavors their water glass water with different fruits and herbs.
    Just put whatever you like in bottom of large glass pitcher... top with ice and water!!

It is subtle but exotic at the same time....
  • sunnyflower1177
    Options
    I use Mio its really good!
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love peach slices in my water and iced tea. Berries and orange slices are also good
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options

Flavoured ice cubes.....

I do the same thing. Any frozen fruit will work
  • Skyla08
    Skyla08 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I knew I would get some great ideas here! So do you guys put the fruit right in your water?? I usually just squeeze the lemon in? Which is why I couldn't grasp getting other flavors?
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers are very refreshing

frozen strawberries and Kiwi

sliced green apples

Pretty much any fruit you like the taste of, just throw it in a pitcher with ice and water...YUM!
  • sfb2510
    sfb2510 Posts: 28
    Options
    slices of orange, lemon and lime make water taste great!

Alternatively, if you can be bothered to as its quite labour intensive, buy some pomegranate, and squeeze the life out of the kernels! add the juice to water.
  • nothappyfat
    Options
    I have heard of people using cucumber to flavor their water. Also other fruits like pineapple, any strong tasting fruit I would think would do the job. Also there are flavor extracts like vanilla, I don't know how I would like vanilla flavored water but worth a try !?

Good luck !!
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

Flavoured ice cubes.....

That is a fabulous idea! :smile:
  • Tskitzo_
    Tskitzo_ Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm with the other Mio users. I use it to flavour my water because I don't really like plain water. There's even the Great Value brand off that has extra flavours. There's flavours like Lemonade, Blueberry Lemonade, Blueberry Pomegranate, Strawberry Watermelon, etc. My favourites are Lemonade, Blueberry Pomegranate, and Peach Mango. <3
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of tea. Herbal or decaf if you want and you can have it hot or iced. When I'm home for long periods of time I put a few tea bags in the coffee maker without a filter and just sip on it all day. It's gone without even thinking about it!
  • MayaNelson
    MayaNelson Posts: 74
    Options
    I have used lemon juice or slices for a long time. Recently became a fan of cucumber slices in my ice water! crisp cool flavor and zero cals!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Im a big fan of Cucumber-Mint... but it needs to be FRESH mint leaves....

Lemon-Basil
    Lemon-Sage

Lime-Tarragon is REALLLLLLLY refreshing too!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Make "Sassy Water", 1 gal of water, 1 cucumber, 1 lemon, 1 chunk ginger, let steep overnight and drink the next day.

SO trying this!!!!