...But I only just ate breakfast...

Options
I only JUST ate breakfast And I'm still hungry! But according to my1200 cal plan, I only have 794 for the day.
I had an english muffin, peanut butter, and an apple.
I'm new to this so advice, or clarification, or filling, inexpensive meal plans would be much appreciated.

Replies

• MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    drink a butt load of water:bigsmile: really it will take the hunger away if it isn't really real hunger you know what i mean?
  • jaminsmonster
    Options
    i'm new too & still experimenting on what feels you up. Have found if you eat a decent breakfast that you don't need to eat as soon & LOTS OF WATER! it really helps.

i love a bowl of cereal or oatmeal in the morning

a great lunch idea is refried beans (rosarita traditional fat-free & mix with water to stretch) only 100 cal
    i make a "tostada" without the shell in a bowl ...beans, lots of lettuce & tomatoes or salsa & tiny bit of sour cream or cheese. really satisfied my hunger.

Also if you excerise you earn extra calories

good luck!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,661 Member
    Options
    I know peanut butter has lots of goodness in it, but it is so packed with calories for what you get. I'd stay away from it if I had only 1,200 calories for my entire day if I were you.

Six days a week, I have old-fashioned oatmeal, scrambled eggs (three whites, one yolk), and 8 ounces of 1% milk for breakfast. It's filling, and it doesn't take a huge hunk of my calories for the day: only 356.

If you choose filling but low-calorie foods, spread them out fairly evenly throughout the day (three to five meals or snacks), and drink lots of water, that should help. If you are still hungry, it could be that 1,200 is not enough calories.

Hope that helps!

Jill
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Just try and drink some water, I realized that I wasn't always hungry like I thought I was. I drank water and it went away. I had ignored my body for so long that I couldn't decifer between hungry & thirsty.
    If that doesn't work and you truly are hungry go for something that isnt' a lot of calories. Carrots, celery, or maybe a little protein like almonds or hard boiled egg white?

Go for a walk and take your mind off of it, i've been there. Stay strong and you'll get through take it one day at a time.
    GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou:
  • dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat toast is more filling than an english muffin I have found.

If you can fight through the "hunger pain" for a few days, your body will adjust. It's probably psychological anyway ... you are full, just not satisfied.

Maybe drink a glass of skim milk?
  • Elsasaurus
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I appreciate it!
    I'm not sure why it set me up with only 1200 cals but I don't know what I'm doing so I thought I better have it set it up for me. I'll just have to trust it and drink all that water!

279080.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? Because if you are exercising then you should be up to 1400 or 1500 at least. Also how many lbs a week are you trying to loose? I wouldn't recommend trying to loose more than 1 that way your calories won't be too low!
  • Elsasaurus
    Options
    I was trying for 2 but perhaps I should move it down to just one for now...?? I guess it's only my second day.. and technically only my first full day so some adjusting and experimenting is needed.

279080.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    I would set it for no more than 1 lb per week.

Personally, too, I've found that though the numbers may look scary, if I eat a good wholesome breakfast that fills me up, it's easier to have willpower for the rest of the day, even back when I used to try to loose weight quickly. You can always work out in the afternoon to get some more calories to spend on dinner :)
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    1200 is pretty low for only needing to lose 20 lbs,,,, try water of course. Also my first few weeks of the plan I was hungry a lot... my body adjusted then it was easier... tough it out.
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Try a guzzler with water, crushed ice, and freshly squeezed lemon juice and sweetner over it. IT will REALLY get you through.

Susan
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You'll find that some foods just don't fill you up. Cereal makes me hungry. :grumble:
    A scrambled egg with a little grated cheese or a slice of lean meat with a slice of cheese is best for me.
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    The english muffin and the apple are both pretty high in the glicemic index. That means that your body is going to burn through them really fast. If you're not using nature peanutbutter, it probably has sugar in it too. The protein helps a bit, but it's not enough to counter act that amount of carbohydrate hitting your system at once.

A couple of eggs with a piece of toast, 2 cups of multigrain cheerios with 1/2cup milk and some fruit chopped up in it, an omelet with lots of good veggies in it...all good breakfast choices.

If you dont' have a lot of time in the morning, try this....

The night before, stick all of your favorite omelet ingredients, and 2 eggs, in a good zip-lock freezer bag and shake to combine. Pop it in the fridge until morning. When you get up, stick a pot of water on the stove and let it heat to a boil while you take your shower, or whatever you do first in the morning. When it's boiling, stand the freezer bag in the boiling water and set the timer for 13 minutes. (Be sure to open the zip top a little for the steam to escape). Carry on with your morning until the timer goes off.

It cooks perfectly, every time. Just don't use cheap bags.:wink:
  • lizbwell
    Options
    I may have misread something but it appears you would like to lose 1 lb a day. This is 1st or 2nd day? First thing do not even look at weighting but ONE time a WEEK. Aim for 2 lbs or less a WEEK. I know it looks slow but to fast comes back to fast. A good solid 1 or 2 lbs a week will stay off as long as we work at it. I worked for one of my last jobs as a Tech for Pat Walker's Figure Salons out of Dallas for about a year, think it was 1976 or so. The most amazing part to me was some who ducked most of the exercises but did the minimum of 3, 15 min workouts we had for them. Also like here write down every thing you eat and the truth and be AMAZED!! Like here, we used to say Eat Breakfast like a king, Lunch like a Queen and Dinner like a Pauper. See what you all have done to me??? You are making me think again! That in itself is a Blessing.

Now I need someone to make sure I am on the right track below. Can't seem to work the 2nd set of Meds in. They should by about 12 hours apart. I am on 1500 calories and 60 proteins. Things have changed a whole lot since the 70's. Some of what I have said is probably outdated BUT basic truths stay the same. Hard to do now but without the computers we tried to get Lunch partners and trips for groups. Should I am Texas just south of Austin. My sis in law is in Oregon so that is out for lunches! Also busy hiding from that darn scale, it wants me to weigh and I still have 5 days to go!!!

Liz

...Med Break 4:00 am
    Sleep 4:00am-11:00 am
    Breakfast 11:00 am
    Lunch 2:00 pm
    Dinner 5:00 pm
    ...Med Break 10:00 pm
    ..(Meds abt 6 hrs apart, 2 sets. Every one
    ...subject to change. The times are "about" when due)
  • lizbwell
    Options
    I may have misread something but it appears you would like to lose 1 lb a day. This is 1st or 2nd day? First thing do not even look at weighting but ONE time a WEEK. Aim for 2 lbs or less a WEEK. I know it looks slow but to fast comes back to fast. A good solid 1 or 2 lbs a week will stay off as long as we work at it. I worked for one of my last jobs as a Tech for Pat Walker's Figure Salons out of Dallas for about a year, think it was 1976 or so. The most amazing part to me was some who ducked most of the exercises but did the minimum of 3, 15 min workouts we had for them. Also like here write down every thing you eat and the truth and be AMAZED!! Like here, we used to say Eat Breakfast like a king, Lunch like a Queen and Dinner like a Pauper. See what you all have done to me??? You are making me think again! That in itself is a Blessing.

Now I need someone to make sure I am on the right track below. Can't seem to work the 2nd set of Meds in. They should by about 12 hours apart. I am on 1500 calories and 60 proteins. Things have changed a whole lot since the 70's. Some of what I have said is probably outdated BUT basic truths stay the same. Hard to do now but without the computers we tried to get Lunch partners and trips for groups. Should I am Texas just south of Austin. My sis in law is in Oregon so that is out for lunches! Also busy hiding from that darn scale, it wants me to weigh and I still have 5 days to go!!!

Liz

...Med Break 4:00 am
    Sleep 4:00am-11:00 am
    Breakfast 11:00 am
    Lunch 2:00 pm
    Dinner 5:00 pm
    ...Med Break 10:00 pm
    ..(Meds abt 6 hrs apart, 2 sets. Every one
    ...subject to change. The times are "about" when due)
  • lizbwell
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just lost my post..... hit wrong key. Not quite finished so if any questions you can ask me??

You guys have really wound me up!! Will not sleep tonight. That leas to my funny sleep patterns.

We live with our daughter. She took an evening job so she could haul us to appoints. Husband helps with Horse and sheep and I do what I can to help. Thinking is a good thing to.

Got to get the 12 hour bit with my dailies! Any suggestions would help. If you see the other post please let me know where it is?

Liz
    :bigsmile: It is after this one. OH dear got to think more. On top of that there are 2 of them. Sorry making you you all do extra work! :flowerforyou:
  • supafly
    Options
    I know this probably isn't "healthy" but I usually have coffee with my breakfast.
    It decreases my appetite. :3