Seeking motivation! (UK)

Options
Hi, I'm not new here but I lost a lot of my friends because I had an inactive period of about 3 months while I was travelling around Asia. Now I'm back and I'm finding that it's really helpful having friends who give motivation, I have some good ones but I would like to have some more :)

I prefer people from the UK just because we have the same units / shop at the same places but really it doesn't matter that much. I'm 18, 5ft 7 and weight about 76 kilos, I want to get down to about 60 (from 167lb to about 135lb). I'm really hitting a wall at the moment with it, every day is a struggle particularly weekends when I always have a little binge on something. For example yesterday (Sunday) was awesome all day until I had about 7 malted milk biscuits and 4 choc truffles :( Overall right now I'm just not doing enough exercise to have a big enough deficit, generally eating well (1250-1350 kcals per day, and keeping protein 30% and carbs about 40%) but only burning enough to have a loss of 0.75-1.5lb a week whereas I really need to be losing 2-3lb (I know this is not seen as overly healthy but it's what I need to do to meet my goals). So thinking of getting a personal trainer when I get back to England in a week (I'm in Aus atm). So this is really gonna need some extra motivation and determination on my part!

Would really love some support and people who post a lot about how they are doing / post useful recipes etc. :) I also keep my food diary open and appreciate others who do too. I hope I can be a source of support for other people as well :)

Replies

• phiddy23
    phiddy23 Posts: 103
    Options
    bump
  • gseburn
    gseburn Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Welcome here. All the best in reaching your goals. One good decision at a time will get you there!
  • sophiesummerdiet
    sophiesummerdiet Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - im from the UK too!
  • Callicia143
    Callicia143 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, I'm Callicia. I am in the US and I am new here. feel free to add me. I am currently doing p90x, but may switch to insanity. I hope that we can motivate each other. Good job coming back.
  • sineadcantoo
    Options
    Gunna add you now! Im also from the UK.. 18 and 5'7 hoping to get down to around 140 lbs and am currently 177 so pretty similar! :)