The Sweetest / Most Encouraging Thing Anyone Has Said

Options
My Dad is a man's man. Everything he drives has Flowmasters on it. There is a race car in the garage. He has spare engines, rear ends and crankshafts. He's not very vocal about his feelings. About a week ago, he and I were alone and he looked at me and said, "You've always been beautiful. You're just going to get more beautiful. Your health is what has scared me. I was afraid for a while that I might lose you. You're doing a great job, Kiddo." Needless to say, I was speechless and had a lump in my throat.

What is the sweetest or most encouraging thing that anyone has ever said to you that you will never forget?

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Brought a tear to my eye. Way to go!
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't have a sweetest moment, but I just wanted to say that that is lovely! I'm sure after that you will be going all the way xx
  • greglovesvicki
    Options
    I don't have a sweetest moment either, but, (sobbing now) Dad's hold a special place in our hearts, always trying to make them
    as proud as we can....that's just precious.... =):cry:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    thats beautiful

my mom once told me that even tho she cant remember who my father is that im still very hansome and that he must have ben hansome too
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    That is sweet. I know what you mean about a man's man. My dad never talks about feelings, so I get that this really means a lot.
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    That was very sweet!! I'm a daddy's girl. I guess my most encouragment comes from my boyfriend him telling me how proud of me he is means a lot.
  • raayfrancy
    raayfrancy Posts: 100
    Options
    Woww! One of those moments nothing could ever replace... beautiful. (:
  • The_new_Amy
    The_new_Amy Posts: 29
    Options
    Awwe! That is so sweet!!!

My husband is the same kinda guy your dad is. He's not super emotional at all. He's in Afghanistan right now and I am really struggling with a ton of things, all of which are just making my weight battle harder. Our oldest daughter graduates high school in three weeks. I had her while he was in basic training. He said to me last night that what I do everyday is so much more valuable than any paycheck I could ever earn and he's so proud of me for what an amazing job I've done with our kids, especially considering I was 17 when I had her and I had no mothering example to follow or help with her. I gave birth to her on my own and now I'm sending her off into the world on my own and while lately that has really frustrated me, I'm more proud of him than I can say. Her too! Currently, she has enough scholarship money to cover the first two years of college, she works part time for her school district in a special needs preschool classroom, has been asked by several families to nanny for their special needs children and as he said, just has her crap together better than some of our friends in their thirties.
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yep that managed to get me crying at work! That is awesome and I am so happy for you! I lost my dad a long time ago to diabetes and didnt want that to be me. Anytime I hear anything about dad and daughter I lose it. What a great thing to say and how proud you must be!
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    "I'm proud of you" - my boyfriend.

He has been there at 265lbs. and a size 18 and is still there at a size 12. He loved me then, now and will at any size. But he loves seeing me be healthy and showing me off. If he is proud of me why shouldn't I want to make him proud? My cup runeth over for him! :)

Happy for you and your moment with your dad. That's awesome!!!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    My sweetest moment was when my 6 year old was hugging me and suddenly realized her arms reached further around my waist than they used too and she said "Oh Mommy, you're getting skinny" lol I am anything but skinny but she said it with such pride in her voice and her little smile was so happy for me. I :heart: that little girl.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    That was the sweetest! Made me tear up a little. The one thing I'll always remember is when my son and I were looking at old pictures, and he said he didn't realize I was ever that big. Then he said "I'm proud of you, Mom" and hugged me. :heart:
  • SerinaK
    SerinaK Posts: 87
    Options
    Simply beautiful! What a great Dad you have :) Keep up the good work!
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    My 6 year old put his arms around my waist and said... Hey - I can reach all the way around you! You are so good, mom!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!

I think i feel best when my husband looks at me when I'm getting dressed and says I can see the difference everywhere!
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My mum said she was proud of what I was doing literally about half an hour ago. She never normally says that. She just moans at me for eating late. haha
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I passed my air force fitness test with a 92, 6 months after having a csection. My friend told me I was an inspiration and amazing example for everyone else.
    This morning after our 4.25 mile run, my commander finished after me and said "When I grow up I want to be like (my rank and name) She is in great shape and has me by a little in speed, but I have her in stamina. But it feels very encouraging to have leadership recognize my hard work.
    All the little compliments I get help, too. I had someone I hadn't seen in a while say "oh my it's a half of you!" (I've lost about 50lbs since the baby last August).
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    When my little boy wrapped his arms around me and said 'you're so strong, my little mommy'. Made my heart melt.
  • Clarisse0304
    Clarisse0304 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awe that was really sweet..:cry: