Options
Monday: Cardio and Weight training
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Cardio and Weight training
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: Cardio and Weight training
Saturday: Cardio
Sunday: Rest day

I will basically be working out about twice a day; once in the morning and later in the evening. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I will be doing the weight training instead of another dose of cardio and on the other days it will be about two half hour sessions of cardio.

Replies

• jsteffen80
    jsteffen80 Posts: 136
    Options
    It will work very well in running you into the ground and making you question yourself.

What are your goals?

Weight loss? Fat loss? Get Big'n'Strong? Get Lean'n'Strong?
  • liljon949
    liljon949 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a feeling it would wear me out.

Well I want to lose weight but I also want to retain the muscle I have at the same time. Is that possible?
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Don't need all that cardio to lose weight and try to retain some lean muscle at the same time. Just do the weight lifting and try do 1 to .5lb per week weight lose in your diet.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    no one told you quality is better than quantiy then?
  • liljon949
    liljon949 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Alright I see. Thanks for the input guys.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    no one told you quality is better than quantiy then?

Mmmm hm.

I jog/ do some kind of cardio 2 times a week

Weight train 3 times.

and thats when ive been a BAD girl all week.

Otherwise its work out 3x's a week. Thats it
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If you like the schedule and think you'll stick to it, go for it.

Mine is this:

Monday - 1 hour of strength, includes upper and lower body
    Tuesday - 3-5 miles, running 6mph pace (depends on mileage of race I'm training for)
    Wednesday - 30-45 minutes of cardio, typically the ARC Trainer or Stair Mill (again, time depends on training)
    Thursday - 1 hour of strength, includes upper and lower body, and 2-3 miles running 6.5mph pace
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - 60 minutes of cardio, most often the ARC Trainer
    Sunday - long run, increases by one mile each week, length depends on race I'm training for. Anywhere from 5-13 miles.

I've been following the same schedule since September of last year, with a break for the month of December when I had no races I was training specifically for. It doesn't wear me out or make me bored. All it's done for me is increase the weight amounts on my workouts and taken me from running 11 minute miles to finishing a half marathon at a 9:30 minute per mile pace. ;)