Flat tummy post C-Section?

I have lost 80 lbs in the past year after having a c-section, and am now 126 lbs. Obviously I am not over weight anymore. I hula hoop almost every day, occasionally do weight exercises, and take a lot of walks. But despite exercising regularly, eating clean foods, and even cutting out wheat and dairy, I CANNOT get rid of my stomach pooch! Does anyone know of anything I can do to flatten my stomach?? Or is it even possible to do so after losing so much weight so fast (loose skin) and having a c-secion?

here is said stomach pooch

http://i45.tinypic.com/34opymb.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2yvvqzl.jpg

Replies

• sid719e
    sid719e Posts: 47
    It's about overall fat loss. You need to continue to lose fat, and your belly will follow. That's great that you lost 80 lbs - so there should be no doubt that you can do it. Just keep after it!
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    It may just be the skin from your weight loss plus a little (normal) fat. Give it time, keep doing what you're doing, eating right, and it should tighten up. I've also read that rubbing coconut oil helps, but never tried it.
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    i'm in the same boat, girl. i had a c-section in january & despite my efforts, that damn stomach pooch is still there! however.. i have seen it go down with my weightloss but i am afraid that it will turn into loose skin. i really can't afford a tummy tuck so i'm really working my butt off to get it down as much as possible. i've been told lots of crunches & plank workouts help a lot. I have been doing Insanity for the last month & 1/2 and that's also helped a lot too.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Part of it is genetics too. I have a girlfriend with 4 kids whose stomach is perfectly flat. I have another friend who had 1 small baby, didn't gain a lot of weight, but her midsection is saggy despite some hard core working out.

I've had 3 csections, and have lost 25 lbs. I'd lose another 5 if I cut off the skin, I think.
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    I got a flat stomach back when I lost weight. But my weight loss was only 35lbs and it was 3 years after c-section. Your body needs time to go back to normal. It did take quite a while to go back. Also, it might depend on how much weight you gained. I only gained 35lbs, my friend gained 80lbs. When she lost all the weight her stomach was in rough shape. I don't think it will ever go back. Also genetics plays a role.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    just to depress you, i've been an anorexic bmi 15 and still not lost that wobbly skin, despite rock hard abs. it actually looks better now with a little more fat under it.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    concentrate on core workouts..crunches and stuff like that because my friends stomach looked almost just like urs and it took awhile but her stomach is flat and u can hardly notice anything.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    working out will tone the underlying muscle but won't change the skin.
    it all just depends on your skin.
  • sgmomma
    sgmomma Posts: 299 Member
    Just keep working. i've had 2 c-sections in the last 3 years and have lost 20+ and my pooch is drastically reduced, but not gone yet. It's gonna take some time. Keep up the good work. It will get better :)
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    <<<<<< tummy is in my profile pic. I had 2 c/s. Gained over 80lbs with my first pregnancy and maybe 45-50 with my 2nd. Right now am at 120lbs (5'5"). This picture is actually from a few pounds (and a couple months) ago, I should update because I think I've got a little more definition in my abs now.
  • i have had two c-sections and am in the same spot. but i asked my doctor about it and he said it will never fully go away.. but im going to try like you know what to get it to go away.. lol but im trying backwards crunches and stuff.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    I agree it's geans, i had my son 5 years ago and had a c section and i am 128 and 5 ft 2 inches and i can't get rid of it. It's the only area that needs improving. i don't have stretched out skin, so i know i have a little wiggle room yet but it's so hard to reduce that body fat in that are..... no one in my family had a flat tummy, o i shouldn't expect one either...
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Drink lots of water, moisturize, focus on fat loss (try HIIT cardio & also strength training) and be patient. Looks like you've done an amazing job losing the weight! I didn't go check out your diary... but the saying goes "abs are made in the kitchen" so really cleaning up ones diet can do wonders for fat loss!
  • I need help ladies!! i'm a new mom. I have a 12 week old baby. I had to have an emergent c-section and I am now struggling with how I look. I have always been athletic and was actually known for having a nice 6-pack. (not anymore). :( i started working out when i was released by my doctor at 6 weeks postpartum. i workout 6 days a week for almost an hour and a half a day. i run, do a boot camp dvd, and lots of core work. i have been counting calories for about 6 weeks. i am breastfeeding my baby as well. i have lost 5 lbs immediately (~2 inches from waist & ~1 inch from hips), but now, i have had no changes. i have at least 25 lbs to go before i even get close to my pre-pregnancy weight. i'm having a hard time staying motivated and am open to suggestions as to how to start losing the pounds and inches without losing my breast milk supply. please feel free to add me as a friend to help with suggestions or even motivation. i need all the help i can get! :)