Struggling

Options
I really need help. I find myself struggling every day. I have lost 10 lbs so far, however I am struggling more and more everyday. I cannot seem to get up in the morning let alone get in all my work outs or anything else. I am just lost and confused! I need all the help I can get!!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to see a doctor. If you struggle to get out of bed each morning that is a sign of depression and you should call your doctor.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating a variety of foods, staying hydrated and eating enough! If I eat a bunch of junk, or don't eat enough - I'm terribly sluggish and lack energy.
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    I agree that you should probably talk to your doctor.. Being a mommy isn't always easy :D BUT You can do this.. feel free to add me if you like.
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough to get enough energy? I am sure everyone experiences lulls in enthusiasm doing this, I certainly do. If you need a few days off, take a few days off. Don't stress it too much or give yourself a hard time.
    The moment it becomes a chore is the moment you will start to fail.
    Find fun activities to do as exercise - it doesn't always have to be at the gym. Maybe have a game of something like tennis or go for a swim. If you change what you do I expect you will keep your interest up.
    This is the same for foods. The more variety you have, the easier it is to keep it up.

Add me as a friend if you want, I am happy to offer encouragement along the way if I can.

All the best, I am sure you can do it.

(of course, if the lack of energy is more than just lack of enthusiasm, then I would suggest a chat with your doctor)
  • amykoa
    amykoa Posts: 10
    Options
    As far as workouts and eating healthy are concerned...just one day at a time. If that's too overwhelming, it's just one meal, or one workout at a time. If you truly mean that you are not able to get up in the mornings, it's time to see your doctor and be honest with him/her. On my really hard days, I make "to-do" lists of only 3-4 items, and then just concentrate on one at a time. Best of luck!!
  • kat65
    kat65 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Struggling to get out of bed could also be an allergy or a diabetes issue.
  • wolftrax
    wolftrax Posts: 50
    Options
    MommyDrake3

What do YOU think is causing this ?? Please reply with all possibillties that you can think of right now...
  • Lindabummy
    Lindabummy Posts: 34
    Options
    Hang in there. It is hard sometimes, but the suggestion for one day at a time, maybe even one meal at a time, I like. I am going to try and get that outlook also as I am struggling to and need to revisit my priorities. Good luck.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    How's your diet? How's your sleep? Can we see that diary?
  • drewbird911
    drewbird911 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'd maybe try and get some outside help (EAP, Student counselor) if it's as you describe. If your just being dramatic then just keep plugging away, set your MFP goals and keep it up, good luck.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need to see a doctor. If you struggle to get out of bed each morning that is a sign of depression and you should call your doctor.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! Did you get that off the Symbalta commercial?
  • shannonperry13
    Options
    well, i have 4 kids, so i can understand not wanting to get up in the morning. what i like to do is to get up and get my daughter ready for school. i drive her to school in the morning, and on my way home from dropping her off is when i go to the gym. i find that if i don't go first thing in the morning, lots and lots of things always "come up" and i never end up making it in. i have lost 32 pounds so far, and while i do still get tired, i feel like i am taking less naps, and being able to accomplish more :) good luck
  • Labtech718
    Labtech718 Posts: 3
    Options
    You are a very busy young woman! Have realistic goals is most important. I have 2 kids and they completely drain me! Stress and family and school and life in general will make it feel impossible. Be sure you are eating enough to feed your body. Stress doesn't have a calorie requirement but it will zap your energy. School is stress in its self and you have to feed your brain so that it functions well. Try to make good food choices that don't weigh you down. When you have to go to McDonalds choose something to tide you over until you can something better but be sure it is enough to get you to that something better. Try keeping peanut butter and crackers or some almonds in your purse, opt for the fruit or the salads even though you think you really need that Big Mac-heavy fat foods like this weigh you down and you don't function as well in the long run- to make it thru. I really struggle because I almost always go where my kids want. I avoid buffets like the plague! I like Burger King salads so I will go thru the drive thru for me and then go to play land at McDonald's for them. Good luck!
  • Teksavvy
    Teksavvy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The OP mentioned going to nursing school and 3 kids. This alone could point to not getting enough sleep.
    As one person mentioned, what do you think are the problems?
    Are you getting enough sleep?

You'll also need to make your diary visible please.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I know it's tough. For me, I would get depressed feeling like I was depriving myself of all these things i enjoy that other people get to have. I just wanted to eat cake, dammit!!
    Eventually I came around to the fact that the things I liked to eat were making me fat and I had to figure out what was more important. I had to find exercise i didn't HATE doing. It's all about what you can live with (or, dare I say, enjoy).
    I have up days and down days and plateaus and boredom but you kind of just power through that stuff and your body adapts and you find that you can do cool things you couldn't do before or wear things you couldn't wear before and that's motivating.
    There is a quote I see posted in threads every once in a while -- "I didn't say it would be easy, I said it would be worth it". That's so true.
    Oh, and I still eat cake. I schedule it. We have two dessert days a week. I love this system and think everyone should do it! It makes me less likely to cheat, gives me something to look forward to, and it's totally planned in so it doesn't make me go over.
    Hope you find a way to power through. it IS worth it.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    K. As your Sister-in-law #1 I love you. #2 You are going to have to make a choice to change this. Whether it is through willpower or through the doctor. I will be there for you regardless.

This was a hard area for me as well. My kids are older so I don't have to get up in the morning when they go to school. I don't technically have to get up until 10 a.m. to start my day. So, I would just lay in bed.

Then I realized how much I can get going in the morning and how peaceful it is. I started by MAKING myself get up. I set a rule for myself. If I woke up I had to get up. I had to get moving. I would start with my list that I have "Bathroom routine, drink water, make breakfast, stretch/light exercise for 5 minutes, etc." No matter how tired I was I could not get back in bed. Sometimes I have to go for a 10 minutes walk around the block or go outside, sit outside and read a book and pull a few weeds in the garden. It helps to keep in routine and have a list of things to do.

If it is depression, you need to talk to your doctor or have your meds adjusted and MAKE SURE you take them...even if you don't like how they make you feel at first. They take time to adjust. They can take a month sometimes. I set an alarm on my phone to take my meds (thyroid and vitamins) and I always keep a dose in my purse and in my glove box just in case I am out and I forgot them.

You are doing a great job. You have lost weight and inches and you look fantastic! I couldn't ask for a better walking partner and fitness buddy.

Also...I love you. Did I mention that? Don't be so hard on yourself. See you tonight. :)
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?! Did you get that off the Symbalta commercial?

I do agree that that can be a sign of depression but it can be many other things. But a trip to your Dr. would help get down to the actual cause.
  • lizscal
    lizscal Posts: 5
    Options
    I've sure felt that way at times, but the one thing to keep in mind is the fact that you can get up in the morning-that you have that choice. There are people in the world right now that cannot get out of bed, through no choice of their own. This is how I have to think of things sometimes and hit myself with reality! I am gratful that I am able to do the things that I want to and that I have a choice to do them or not and that the choice has not been taken from me. I have let depression sink in at times, mostly when I am tired. Everybody also advised me to take medication. I do believe that your own willpower is your best medicine and it has no side effects except to make you feel awesome about yourself that you overcame your obstacles! Your sister-in-law sounds amazing and a wonderful support system-use her! My siser-in-law died of MS three years ago and it changed my outlook on life! I certainly am not trying to judge-as I said-been there-done that, but just hope another way of thinking might help!
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I know I am not eating enough of the good foods mostly because I don't know how to cook healthy food, but my amazing sister in law has been a big help with teaching me! I am not sure what else.. I monitor my blood sugar and I am already on medication for manic depression and the onset of bipolar.. I havn't had a problem like this before though. I am not sure what it is.. however, I do go back to the doctor on the 24th to talk about my ankle so I also have a list of other things to talk to her about.. and this is most certainly one of them.

Thank you everyone for all of your love and support!