upped my calorie intake- what foods should I know eat?

Options
So I am 21, 5'10 and as of today, I weigh 186 pounds. I wanted to loose 2lbs a week so was on a 1200 intake, I have got used to that and no longer get hungry.
I work out 6 times a week, 5 days 30 day shred and some form of cardio/ strength training and 1 day of pure cardio- normally a good bike ride.
I have been reading around and think that 1200 really isn't enough for me, since doing mfp I have lost 3lb (not the 2lb it states...dunno why it's not saying 3) and even though I am happy with that, I just have a feeling its not going to last!
So as of tonight, I have upped my calories to 1600, and hopefully this should still work for me....I would be happy with a 1lb a week loss.
What kind of foods/ ideas do people eat to give you that extra lots of calories? I no longer get hungry so I dunno what else I could eat???
thanks!

opppps I meant now in the title not know :(

Replies

• Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thats probably a good idea to up your calorie intake. There are some healthy foods that are calorie dense. Try avacados, almonds (any nuts actually), greek yogurt, olive oil, salmon, sunflower seeds etc. All these foods have really important oils. Your skin and hair might improve as well.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Lean meats, fish, veggies, nuts, peanut butter, fresh fruits, etc. I started slowly adding things like avocado, peanut butter with my apples, almonds, and foods higher in calories but not too filling until I was ready to eat 800 calorie gut busting dinners. :P
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    what would you eat peanut butter with?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    what would you eat peanut butter with?

I add it to protein shakes, i eat it on apple slices, I eat it on toast. :)
  • jessewessy1990
    jessewessy1990 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I add it to protein shakes, i eat it on apple slices, I eat it on toast. :)

ooo on an apple, never tried that before!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'd start tracking your carbs, fats, and proteins, and bring your calories into balance if they aren't already. That way, if you can't manage to eat all the calories you feel you need, at least you are feeding yourself some of everything you need (and not, for example, eating tons of carbs but too little protein).
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    OOPS - posted twice and can't figure out how to delete it. See next post! lol
  • tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I'm actually doing exactly the same. I have been at 1200 calories - and I've noticed this: no matter whether I eat healthy and stick to it OR veg out completely and eat whatever I want - I wasn't losing. So I'm upping both my calories (to 1600) and my exercise in hopes that I can finally LOSE some weight! :wink:
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    Check "eat more to lose weight" board.. A LOTO F useful information there! I just upped my calories to 1900.. unbelievable!
  • lucy2213
    lucy2213 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have also upped my calories for the same reason! I love Greek yogurt with some kashi go lean crunch in there! its 360 calories when combined for one serving. Soooo delicious!