Anyone from the Detroit area?

Options
Shollin243
Shollin243 Posts: 30 Member
I'm wondering if anyone is from the Detroit area, primarily southern Macomb county? I'm looking for a gym to join and stopped by LA Fitness and at almost 400 pounds looked ridiculous in there. Wondering if anyone knows of some small locally owned gym that has more people looking to lose weight than body build.

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm down in Monroe County so I prob won't be able to give a specific gym but maybe look into the local YMCA. I joined the Y down the street from home and it is great:)
  • Shollin243
    Options
    That's a good idea. I haven't been to the YMCA since I was a kid. I'll have to see if it's even still open
  • ro_girl68
    ro_girl68 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i actually work at the la fitness in warren :)

welcome
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I live in Fraser. I think I am going to check out the YMCA also. There is one in Warren, I think and one in Mt. Clemens. I want one with a pool.
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm from St. Clair Shores and Anytime Fitness on Harper is our Gym. They are really nice and you get the entire spectrum of people in there! Very non-judgemental!

The personal trainers are fantastic and really get you set up on the right path from the beginning. You get a one hour consultation with them when you sign up, and they are always available to ask questions as you go!

They will also give you a 7 day pass to try it out. Hope to see you there!
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You can look for a Planet Fitness in your area. You'll feel more comfortable there!
  • Shollin243
    Options
    i actually work at the la fitness in warren :)

welcome

That's the one I went to. I don't know, I didn't see a lot of obese people and just didn't feel comfortable.
  • Shollin243
    Options
    I live in Fraser. I think I am going to check out the YMCA also. There is one in Warren, I think and one in Mt. Clemens. I want one with a pool.

When I was a kid I would go to the one in Warren but that was 20 years ago. They rebuilt everything where it used to be so I'm not sure if it's still there.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Check out Planet Fitness to see if there's one near you that makes sense (I think I've seen one in Sterling Heights and possibly Clinton Twp?). It's only $10/month and at the one I used to go to (Ypsilanti) there were plenty of us who were out of shape. I never felt uncomfortable there at all!
  • Shollin243
    Options
    The planet fitness in Sterling Heights is right near me. I'm also looking at this place as well http://www.pumpfitnessgym.com/