marathon & 1/2 runners!

Options
i run, but only pretty leisurely (1 mile in 14min). my goal is to run the 1/2 marathon in nashville next april. i've amped up my workout routines and know i can do this as long as i stick with it and curb some bad eating habits! i'm just curious if anyone else plans to be in nashville or wants to start this together for motivation. any experienced runners with tips or advice appreciated too! thanks in advance!

Replies

• SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name's Sara, and I plan on doing the Cleveland 1/2 in May! I won't be in Nashville with you, but I'd love to come back here to report on training and everything. It's great to have support from people who know the pains and gains from training! :sad: :bigsmile:
  • Xannthippe
    Xannthippe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Austin Marathon in February. Should be interesting. Supposedly I have plenty of time to train. Doing a 20K in three weeks, so we'll see~!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Doin the full Pittsburgh Marathon in May. We should start a marathon/half marathon team up on here:bigsmile:
  • sara520
    Options
    Hey, I did a full marathon in May and a half just yesterday. Anybody can do it you just have to want it bad enough. It is a mental game. I swore after the marathon I would never run another race but running is in my blood and I love it.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Hey!... we've got a runner's club on here, MFP Running Club, take a look... there are always good tips and such on there plus motivation! I ran my first full in may and I'm going to start training for another, just stick with it and it'll happen. One good tip I can say is don't increase more than 10 percent a week as far as distance goes, you don't want to do too much too fast :happy:

~Leash :heart: