Want to be a runner, but having boob problems.

Options
LuckyAng
LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
In school, I ran track for 2 years. I loved it. Physically, I felt I was built for it at the time... but puberty is cruel! I was a very late bloomer, so when I ran then I was small (A-B cup). I am now quite a bit fuller up top, and it hurts to run. Any top heavy runners out there? Did you discover some sort of super bra that enables you to do this? I wear 2 sports bras and another top with a built in and it's still not enough.

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I wear an underwire bra under a really tight sports bra. It keeps them in the same place, it's a bit uncomfortable, but I'd rather be uncomfortable than have saggy girls
  • DunnaStunna
    DunnaStunna Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm too am very top heavy and always have been. My solution is to wear a regular underwire w/ a sports bra on top. Sports bras alone just don't do the trick. I also recently bought a sports bra that had underwire built in. I like it pretty well although it doesn't keep the girls in place as well.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Enell & Under Armour sports bras get rave reviews. I'm tiny so I can't get one in my size. For some reason "us B cups" don't need support - seriously !?!

Champion Double Dry High Impact (Kohl's) are pretty good - they're like $35. Be careful though, just because a bra says it's high impact doesn't make it so ..... I've tried on some really pathetic "high impact" bras.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My Shock Absorber does the job perfectly, and has done for a few years. It's starting to look a bit tired and worn now, so I'll probably buy a new one fairly soon, but it still works just as well as the day I bought it.
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have one great under armor bra. Otherwise I just wear two sports bras. and a shirt with a built in bra lol.
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm between a DD and DDD and I've had the best luck with Moving Comfort bras. They hold me in place without the dreaded "uniboob" effect.
  • VirtuallyAmy
    VirtuallyAmy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have had great luck with Enel. Same problem. I went from barely there to a very full C, and probably beyond that for awhile. Enel is hard to measure for if buying online but I found it worth it.

I have heard great reviews for Moving Comfort as well but have yet to try.

Good luck!
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add. I just wish I had this problem. :)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    You need an underwired, supportive sports bra. Berlei are great. I'm a G cup and have no pain issues whatsoever, and I didn't when I was a K cup either.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Freya and Shock Absorber work for me (I am 34H-HH at the moment). No need for two bras, these give great support. Freya has an underwired and non wired one. Shock Absorber is the standard compression type. The name is not a joke. Sometimes you need to size up a cup in Chock Absorber to get the right fit, but other than that they are great.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options

LMFAO!!
  • shelbynicole32
    shelbynicole32 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My sports bra is wayyyy to small (as far as tightness goes) but DANG does it hold those suckes in place!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I too wear a regular bra under a sports bra... and spanx (they're like bras for your body LOL).
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have D/DD's and wear a "molded cup" (no wires but more supportive than just plain ones) sports bra and a compression running tank from old navy that really does the trick.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem... triple d's here!! Would LOVE LOVE to run, but it is just so miserable.. may have to try the doubling up tip..
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    D cup here... I still run, I use the compression sports bras from Target. They don't stop ALL the movement but they're all I can afford at the moment and they work for me!
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Check out the shock absorber bra on Amazon!
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I wear a size smaller to keep them in place.
  • sailorsiren13
    sailorsiren13 Posts: 460
    Options
    Target has a great Champion sports Bra and then i always have the shelf. my gf i run with uses the same kind also Under Armour has really good support Lululemon i have heard about but never bought.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Until you actually have the problem! I can almost guarantee, you'd take that back. :wink: