Am I really done?

Options
og8403
og8403 Posts: 48 Member
Hello! How is everyone? Feel free to add me if you would like. But I've lost 60 lbs, and I can't seem to drop any more. My weight actually keeps either going up 2 lbs or off the 2 lbs Ive gained. I've tried fasting only liquids, I've even gone as far as tryin the 24 day challenge by advocare. By the way that's a piece of ****! Sorry I don't recommend anyone to try that! Then on top of that I still feel the same as I was when I was 332 lbs. I know I've lost the weight because I had to go out and buy new clothes. But when I look in the mirror I still see a 332 lbs person. Ugh! It's starting to take a toll on me, I use to feel so energized now I'm always tired and not in the mood for anything. Just flipping sucks!

Replies

• SoySalva
    SoySalva Posts: 138
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel.....I still see 224 lbs when I look in the mirror...I guess our minds need some time to adjust to our new size.

As for not losing anymore weight, we all hit the dreaded plateau at some point....you just gotta keep on going...don't give up, it will break eventually!

You have done so well....congrats!
  • M1ssBehave
    M1ssBehave Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Everyone hits platues. Have you changed up your work out routing. (i dont know what the 24 day challenge is) My sister in law lost 150 lbs by changing every two weeks. (she had a personal trainer) be positive you are already halfway according to your ticker
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Are you taking any vitamins???
  • duckpond11
    duckpond11 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    maybe you should take a "diet break" for 2 weeks. That means, eat at maintenance for 2 weeks. That is supposed to help your metabolism kick it up a notch. Plus it sounds like psychologically, this might be a good thing as well.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Do you still have a 2lb a week deficit set on your goals? You may just need to ease up your deficit and eat a little more.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try any gimmicky diet stuff. We all hit plateaus. Half way through my weight loss I plateaued for a little over a month. I would recommend changing things up. Try a new workout routine. Or try cycling your calories, going over some days and under other days. Just do something different.

Also, we can't see your diary so it's hard to offer more specific advice. What is your daily calorie goal? What is your weekly weight loss goal? Etc.

You need to remember, too, that the closer you get to your goal weight the less of a deficit you should have, which means actually eating more. It will take time to get the last few pounds off but it's definitely doable.
  • dabomb5198
    dabomb5198 Posts: 26
    Options
    I hear you. I lost 80 pounds 2 1/2 years ago and I still sometimes forget that I'm not overweight. You have already accomplished something special. Stick with your alloted calories and the rest will come. I would stall in my weight loss and then drop 3 or 4 pounds in a week. The key is to stay the course, be healthy, and look long term. Easier said than done but worth the struggle.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed......Without being able to look at it I would say you should eat less.
  • ehs5mw
    ehs5mw Posts: 65
    Options
    Your diary is closed......Without being able to look at it I would say you should eat less.

And here, I was thinking the exact opposite. I am wondering if you are not eating enough, but we don't know unless you show us your diary or let us know exactly what you are netting and your stats.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

And here, I was thinking the exact opposite. I am wondering if you are not eating enough, but we don't know unless you show us your diary or let us know exactly what you are netting and your stats.

Yup, these things
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    I agree about changing exercise routines, and possibly taking a couple days off your "diet", maintain you current weight then go back to your diet. Technically you are tricking your body back into the diet :)
  • og8403
    Options
    Thank you every one who has responded so far! Yeah unfourtantly I tried the gimmick weight loss systems. That's how desperate I got to loss a few extra lbs. it's just been so aggravating! I try to change my work out routines. I'll cycle for 32 miles every other day sometimes 5 days outta the week. I'll go to the gym 3 days outta the week and I'll do cardio for a min of a hour. I'm Burning the calories. As far as vietamins I'm just taking omega and b12 now.
  • og8403
    Options
    Sorry I haven't logged in for about 2 months or so. I'll re-open it, y'all can see the junk I was in taking.
  • Maudsey
    Maudsey Posts: 4
    Options
    You seem a little sad? You have done amazingly well. Seriously! It;s not only the body but, mind as well that we need to look after. Try and be easier and kinder to yourself and give yourself some slack. Youtube has videos on mindfulness, which might help you to appreciate yourself and what you have achieved.
    My interest in this.... I am nearing the end of my psychotherapy training and I have been astonished at the correllation between our thoughts about ourselves and how we manage our weight etc. please add me anyone, if you would like to.:smile:
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options

I was thinking more as well.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't try any gimmicky diet stuff. We all hit plateaus. Half way through my weight loss I plateaued for a little over a month. I would recommend changing things up. Try a new workout routine. Or try cycling your calories, going over some days and under other days. Just do something different.

This. I was stuck for nearly 3 months, then I went on vacation, ate what I wanted, came back 4 lbs heavier, but now I'm dropping weight like crazy. Well, crazy for only having a little more to go. ;) I added a third day of lifting per week and changed from machine cardio to Insanity. My only setbacks have been when I drink alcohol.

So to recap, eat more, eat clean, stop drinking, change your workout. I bet you see a change in 2-4 weeks.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Oh also, the mental thing is something a lot of us struggle with. I still reach for size 12 jeans when I go shopping even though I'm a 6 now, and I still see a pudgy lady in the mirror. Except in workout clothes, which I feel thin in. It's weird, but when we've spent so much of our lives heavy, I guess it's hard to see ourselves as fit.
  • og8403
    Options
    I saw a difference for about a month. Then I guess i became accustomed to seeing myself again. Now I look at recent pics an I see this over weight guy. I hate pics! Lol yeah it's all a mental thing I guess. Just another hump in the road