same old question

Options
i know everyone asks this but i cant seem to get it.

i weight 65kgs
im 164 cm

my bmr is like 1340
do i need to eat this much and then do a bit of exercise?
or do i eat 1200 like MFP says?
and do i eat my exercise cals if everyone says MFP over estimates?

Help its all so confusing

Replies

• cazzy147
    cazzy147 Posts: 47
    Options
    /your body naturally burns off a certain amount of calories a day just to run itself.
    too lose weight at a healthy rate its recommended that you take off 500 cals from your normal diet and then exercise to loose about 500 cals too, so overall loosing 1000cals
    Its recommended that the smallest amount you should cosume is 1200 cals otherwise your body will go into starvation which does not help in the slightest. so if youre really wanting to see a change, try to stick to that calorie count and exercise. that way youre loosing more instead of eating what youve just burned off.
  • kaye300
    kaye300 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Ok your calories are set so that you loose weight at a rate of about a pound to pound and a half per week.
    Exercise helps to burn fat. Weight training will build muscle. and muscle burns more calories.
    I take it day by day, sometimes I use all my calories some days none. I try to base it on if I am still hungry
    or not.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Eating at your BMR should be your minimum. You burn a lot more calories in a day than that based on your activity.

Personally I had the best luck eating at my BMR and than half my exercise calories back.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I assume that MFP has given you only 1200 calories because you said you were sedentary and that you wanted to lose the max amount of weight possible. You could try changing the weight loss guide to an easier goal, say, 0.5 pounds a week.

Unless you're planning on engaging in a lot of vigorous sustained activity every day I wouldn't automatically increase the number of calories by a lot. See how you feel and whether you lose weight.