Want to be a runner, but having boob problems.

Options

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'm a C - I try on lots of bras and jump up and down in the dressing room. Any bounce and they stay at the store. I've had good luck with Under Armour bras. I also layer a bra running top over. Athena & Title Nine have some good choices.
  • trishahedrick
    Options
    I range from a C-D cup depending on the time of the month. But when I go sports bra shopping, I try it on, then i jump around in the dressing room a little bit to make sure it holds them in. I splurge when i buy sports bras because wearing 2 bras is too uncomfortable for me. I learned from being in 6th grade that puberty sucks. Now I'm a junior in high school and my girls are too much to handle since I run long distance in track. My advice, try it on, jump around. If it doesn't work, take it back and keep trying until it's right.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm an F cup, and another vote for Shock Absorber.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I wear an Anita Extreme Control sports bra. It's still kinda cute, does a great job, and is easy to get on and off. I feel much better in that than I did during my days of wearing two bras.

Also, my husband really "took one for the team" and watched me run to figure out if I looked like I was going to give myself a black eye from the bouncing boobs. He observed that when I wear a V-neck or scoop top it looks like I am bouncing way less than when I wear a shirt with a higher neckline. I know it's the same regardless, but it is just an observation, and I really do care how I look when I run thru our neighborhood.

Don't let the boobs stop you from running!!!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    This was very discouraging for me... I felt like I couldn't exercise! I found a high intensity sports bra that I wear in a size smaller (by smaller I mean the strap not the cup) At first it feels tight but since it's stretchy it loosens up around your ribs! Until then, I didn't realize there are sports bra's that have different intensity levels that they are made for! My only regret is not buying a dozen of them!
  • Rizabees
    Rizabees Posts: 80
    Options
    I have this:
    http://www.belle-lingerie.co.uk/1369/Shock-Absorber/Shock-Absorber-Sports-Bra-B4490-Blue-2499/

I got it a year ago from Bravissimo.
    I'm a 36 H and it works perfectly for me by itself.
  • 247momma
    247momma Posts: 14
    Options
    I like Moving Comfort Bras. I have had this problem my entire life and used to wear two sports bras just to play soccer and then tried the regular bra and a sports bra combo. Moving Comfort makes a bra that is both combined with a hook closure in the back. It has an underwire bra with a mes overlay that is perfect for me. I buy the bra size I need but go a cup size down to hold the girls in tight. Sports bra shopping is the worst. Good luck. I get mine at Road Runner Sports online.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    Perhaps if you post some vidoe of yourself running it would help us understand the problem better? XO ; )
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You need to invest the money in a really good sports bra. I have the Elomi Energise and it's pricey and ugly as sin, but it holds my 34FF girls in place.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm only ("only") a D but I really like Natori bras -- no underwire, and there is no movement whatsoever on my chest when I'm running. (I've worn underwire sports bra and boy, when the underwire decides to poke you, it's always at the worst possible moment...).
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm between a DD and DDD and I've had the best luck with Moving Comfort bras. They hold me in place without the dreaded "uniboob" effect.

This is what I wear too, awesome/wonderful/fabulous/out-of-this-world bras!!!
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Enell and Freya have been good for me. 32DDDD and 34DDD (fluctuating weight at the moment...) Forget all the bras you find in the sporting goods section and go ask the lingerie ladies for sports bras (Nordstrom keeps their "real" sports bras there)...or your local running store or REI.
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    Moving Comfort bras are great! It's what the running store guy suggested to me. He said they were the gold standard of sports bras for busty women. I got the Juno and love it!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Im a G cup and I have an Enell sports bra. Sizing is a little funny if you are purchasing online, but I love mine. It holds the girls in place very well for jogging, jumping jacks or whatever else I might want to do.
  • yabba45
    yabba45 Posts: 35
    Options
    I wear a Nike compression sports bra absolutely wonderful, spendy but so worth it
  • dmg16duke
    dmg16duke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I swear by Title IX (http://www.titlenine.com/). They have multiple bras that are rated by barbells, some made by them and some by other companies. My favorites are 7 Wonders by Moving Comfort, Trade Up by Shock Absorber, or Last Resort by Enell. The Last Resort bra actually does what it says, although I think I purchased a size down to make sure. I've become a runner, up to half marathon length, and these are good options for me.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    G/H cup here. stop being cheap and get a good fitting sports bra meant for high impact activities. enell, elomi, and shock absorber all make good bras for high impact activities for G/H boobs
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing good quality sports bras???
    I have a full underwire super supportive sports bra- then I like to add a shelf bra - with a built in
    They still have some bounce but not NEARLY as bad - or as painful
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34DD runner and another vote for Moving Comfort bras. My go to is the Moving Comfort Fiona bra; it's sized like a normal bra (no small/medium/large sizing), does up in the back (so no struggling to get it on or, worse yet, off when it's all sweaty), and holds everything I need in place without any chafing on all my runs - short, long, easy, or fast.

There are certainly more hard core bras that really batten down the hatches, as it were... I think Title Nine Sports has some good options to check out that you can choose by support:

http://bounce.titlenine.com