Want to be a runner, but having boob problems.

Options

Replies

• tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i had this problem too and did a little research. just a tip that i found... if you are larger than a C cup you can't wear the pull-over-your-head-uniboob sports bra. you need to get one that is sized like an actual bra. i found one i love at a sporting goods store (academy sports) they are more expensive than the traditional sports bra but so worth it! i have always wanted to be a runner and once i got the right style bra i was able to run with no problems and have done several 5K's. good luck!
  • graygirl73
    graygirl73 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too wear a regular bra under a sports bra... and spanx (they're like bras for your body LOL).

Lmao! I am doing the same thing!!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I currently wear a strong but basic cotton underwire bra (cheap one from Walmart) under a tight sports bra. This combo feels a bit restrictive when I first put it on, but after 5 minutes or so, I get used to it. Keeps me in place. And an added bonus - that pocket created between my boobs and my two bras, is a great place to stash my cell phone.
  • mrau719
    mrau719 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    movingcomfort.com has great bras! A little pricy but for comfort and keeping the girls in place so worth it! I love the juno I believe is what it's called.
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    I also wear Moving Comfort Fiona and I love it! They are very reasonable on Amazon. I love the hook closure! I always hated pulling my sports bra off when I was sweaty and beat from working out.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I had a reduction years back, and I'm SO glad I did. Anyway, before that (at DDD), I found good control with a good minimizer under a good sports bra.

My daughter recommends an ace bandage under a sports bra.
  • FloraSin
    FloraSin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38C and find that the basic Adidas sports bras I have work great. So long as you buy the right type and size, they should be holding the girls tight and right.

Edited because my boyfriend pointed out I had written the wrong bra size...lol
  • mrs_mcd
    mrs_mcd Posts: 6
    Options
    Definitely another vote for shock absorber!!!! I'm a G cup and when i first tried one on i thought i couldn't even breathe in it never mind exercise in it, however I've got used to that feeling now. It keeps the girls exactly where i want them to be, stops them hurting and i don't end up with 2 black eyes! My main problem with running is my trousers keep falling down, and not because their too big for me, more so because after a few bounces they wriggle down my tummy :-(
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I know it's been mentioned, but I need to reiterate the greatness of a regular underwire bra worn under a sports bra. It's like my boobs are armor plated! They don't move at all with this combo. FWIW, I'm a 34 D.
  • TheAshpie
    TheAshpie Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wachoal!!!!!!!!! I use an underwire one and have dd-ddd cups. They are awesome! After a bit of use they seem to loosen up too, maybe 6 months, so I just got another that I will double with another regular to try to help it last even longer. Even so, I have yet to try on another sports bra that really helps keep things in and in place.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    G/H cup here. stop being cheap and get a good fitting sports bra meant for high impact activities. enell, elomi, and shock absorber all make good bras for high impact activities for G/H boobs

Totally agree. Two bras? I get hot enough during the workout as is...
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm a DD and (try to) run. I've found that sports bras work fine for me! Good luck. :flowerforyou: Sorry I don't have any super advice to offer!
  • bigbef
    bigbef Posts: 8
    Options
    My breasts and I do a number of high impact sports, (horse riding, running...) and also a few sports which require 'stillness of breast'... (pole dancing, gymnastics, stuff where falling out the top is not an option).
    I've found that nike do pretty good croptop sports bras, and they are comfortable and supportive and look quite good. I know in the UK you can buy them at Lillywhites or JD sports or similar.
  • shainapaddick
    Options
    Tried the underwire under the sports bra thing tonight, and it worked so much better!! Thanks ladies! (I'm a DD)
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    G/H cup here. stop being cheap and get a good fitting sports bra meant for high impact activities. enell, elomi, and shock absorber all make good bras for high impact activities for G/H boobs

It's not about being cheap, I just haven't ran much since high school so didn't need to go find such a bra. I never said I couldn't afford a good one.

Thanks everyone, I'll have to look these suggestions up :)
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    In school, I ran track for 2 years. I loved it. Physically, I felt I was built for it at the time... but puberty is cruel! I was a very late bloomer, so when I ran then I was small (A-B cup). I am now quite a bit fuller up top, and it hurts to run. Any top heavy runners out there? Did you discover some sort of super bra that enables you to do this? I wear 2 sports bras and another top with a built in and it's still not enough.

Enell.com I'm a full DDD cup size and this is the best bra ever.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

It's not about being cheap, I just haven't ran much since high school so didn't need to go find such a bra. I never said I couldn't afford a good one.

Thanks everyone, I'll have to look these suggestions up :)

the comment wasnt specifically directed to you, but there are others who have mentioned in the 5011 previous threads on this subject that they frequently buy 2 cheapo bras where neither one fits.

that makes no sense to me since they end up spending far more in the long run than they would if they just would have shelled out the $65 for an enell or shock absorber. (bras that dont fit and arent made for the impact wont last as long as those that were. for instance i have a friend who's doing that she's already bought 3 different sets of cheapo bras (at $25 a bra) almost ready for a 4th set in the entire time i've been using my 1 $65 enell that's only starting to not fit right because of my weight loss. she still doesnt want to get an enell because she doesnt want to pay that much for a bra :laugh:
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am on year 3 for my 2 original shock absorbers. The only reason I am retiring them soon is because they are too big in the band since I lost weight. ;)

They still work well.
  • TiffanyAching
    TiffanyAching Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i'm a GG and run merrily in my freya active underwired sports bra. it wasn't even expensive, £20 i think. i'm the opposite though, i didn't run at school because of bounce issues and then i got fat and didn't want to lollop about looking stupid. when my daughter goes to school i shall be telling her about the existence of sports bras, i can't believe no one thought i might like to know about them!