Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

FEEL LIKE GIVING UP? Read!

I've only been on here about a week-ish
I know it will take time.
But I literally broke down today looking in the mirror at myself and how I look.
I didn't look good in one my fav dresses.
It just broke my heart.

For like a few minutes.

Then I picked myself up and realized.
This isn't a quick fix.
This is for the rest of my life.
I've set a goal of 44 lbs in about 6months.
I'm not worried if I don't get it all off in that time. 25-30 I'd be more than happy with.

I have to stay strong and know how I will look back in 6 months and think WOW the time went by really quickly. And I've accomplished so much. Instead of thinking 2 years down the line. Why didn't I do anything about my weight? I'd be happy right now If I just changed my eating habits. 2 years wasted. I won't go through that again. I can get as upset as I want. I'm not going to stuff my face with food to make myself feel better for a few minutes. I will stick to this.
My boyfriend is proud of me. And that means more than anything to me.
And my mum.

Just keep telling yourself. Is stuffing your face for a few moments enjoyment worth a lifetime of regret?

1 month at a time people.
You'll get to where you want to be.

Thanks for reading :) xo

Replies

• SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
  • PhenomeNae
    PhenomeNae Posts: 130 Member
    that was beautiful. you're awesome.
  • smithmom531
    smithmom531 Posts: 140 Member
    Amen to that! Sometimes it's One Day at a Time!
  • love2bthin
    love2bthin Posts: 176 Member
    You can do this! Just remember you didn't gain the weight overnight so you will not lose it overnight. I have to keep telling myself this all the time. I believe in you and I know you can do this. Take one day at a time and you will succeed. :smile: Welcome to MFP!!!
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 185 Member
    Thanks for saying that. I have a lot of those days. : (

My clothes from last year do not fit me and every time I try something on, I wanna burst out into tears. It's difficult and every day is a struggle. I hope it gets easier mentally to feel ok about myself and feel like I'm on the right track to changing things for good.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    just what I needed to hear today.
  • anitadhey
    anitadhey Posts: 10
    Just what I needed today. Love the positive words!
  • aliric
    aliric Posts: 69
    You can do it..Just remember when you want to cheat that nothing taste better then skinny. And your right, two yrs. will be here before you know it and 25 lbs is better then no pounds. So keep going and NEVER give up.
  • ljlocal007
    ljlocal007 Posts: 1
    Don't give up, you can do it....but you need to exercise, maybe yoga....I did and lost 10 lbs...:smile:
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    From what you wrote you know what you need to keep doing and you will.You said it this didn,t happen in a day
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    I celebrated my six-month anniversary on MFP last week 45 pounds less than where I started, so your goal is absolutely achievable!

You have the right attitude going into this. The biggest challenge you'll face in the months to come is not physical but mental. Many people give up because they either get impatient when they don't see immediate results, or frustrated that they don't see a steady downward march of the numbers on the scale, or bored once the novelty wears off.

I wrote a few words last week about my journey so far that you might find helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/590668-six-months-in-40-there-and-lessons-learned

Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • SerahLaffere
    Thanks guys!
    And glad to put a smile/cheer some of you up! :)
    When it comes to this we only really have ourselves!
    As nice as it is to have friends to tell us to carry on, half the time it won't matter what they say. Unless we truly believe in ourselves!

I do 1hr of Zumba a day + 25 minutes Circuit Training :)
  • SerahLaffere
    I celebrated my six-month anniversary on MFP last week 45 pounds less than where I started, so your goal is absolutely achievable!

You have the right attitude going into this. The biggest challenge you'll face in the months to come is not physical but mental. Many people give up because they either get impatient when they don't see immediate results, or frustrated that they don't see a steady downward march of the numbers on the scale, or bored once the novelty wears off.

I wrote a few words last week about my journey so far that you might find helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/590668-six-months-in-40-there-and-lessons-learned

Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend!

Congrats! Well done you! :) Inspiration right there!
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    I actually posted this earlier today.. it's sort of related http://youtu.be/hT9-W_xeXRg
  • SerahLaffere
    :)
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    I can get as upset as I want. I'm not going to stuff my face with food to make myself feel better for a few minutes. I will stick to this.

My mantra: "Don't eat your feelings."

Boredom, happiness, and sadness are not satiated by food. Hunger is the only feeling that should be responded to with food.