Shape Ups from Skechers

Options
Has anyone tried the new shape ups from Skechers. Do you love them/hate them. Are they worth the money?

Replies

• krt1168
    Options
    I haven't tried the Sketchers brand of shoes but have had a pair of Avon's Curves sandals with the same principle for years. I love them. They are almost worn out. I recently bought a pair of their "shapeing" tennis shoes also. I use them at work and like them also. I'm on my feet 12 hours a day. I feel my calves especially are firmer and I have fewer back aches when I am wearing them than other shoes. Avon's shoes also aren't as expensive but there are not choices in colors. The new sandals are purple. Mine are blue. The tennis shoes are white with blue.
  • rachelmommy1
    Options
    You can't get them where I live. I actually went to Academy sports yesterday and they said the closest place to get them where I live is 6 hours away.....or the internet. I'm planning on getting a pair though. $110 bucks......they'd better be awesome.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have bought TWO pairs of shape-ups. That is an indication of how AWESOME they are. I am still significantly (nearly 100 pounds) overweight, so you can imagine how badly my feet and knees usually feel. In addition to the curved sole, these are CUSHY!! They feel like I'm walking on the softest of sand. My feet no longer hurt at all, even through a week at Disneyworld! My knees don't hurt either. They are a dream to walk in, a dream to stand in (partially because of the cushioning and partially because you can keep changing what part of your foot you are leaning on by rolling the sole back and forth). I bought the first pair at DSW and loved them so much that I ordered a pair on-line (because DSW is all out). I can honestly say they are the first pair of shoes I've ever owned that is worth $100.

Oh -- I don't know if they would make you lose weight just because of the shape (though my butt did hurt the first few times out walking), but because they feel so good, and because the shape makes you feel like moving, I've definitely gotten a lot more exercise since I got them.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    2 of the ladies I work with have a pair one has the Sketchers brand and the other has a more expensive brand they both love them- They don't look cute to me but to each is own- Sometimes comfort is better than looks
  • jellymedina
    Options
    i have the curves shoes and they are akward and dont believe they contributed anything.
  • missida
    Options
    I have the skechers ones, black and white. I like them. I work 12 hrs a day as a nurse so they get there walking in. I feel a little sore after wearing them. I bought mine online. Now they have them every where.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    You can't get them where I live. I actually went to Academy sports yesterday and they said the closest place to get them where I live is 6 hours away.....or the internet. I'm planning on getting a pair though. $110 bucks......they'd better be awesome.

Not sure where you live but I saw in the Sunday paper that Macy's has them now. I want to try the Skechers and the Reebok Easytone. Good luck finding a pair!
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I just bought a pair today. I will let you know how I like them after I have wore them a few days.
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wore my Shape ups yesterday afternoon just around the house and I was a little sore today. Not sore like I had a major workout but sore like I had done something different. They take some getting use to but they don't feel too bad. Harder to drive in!!! I felt like I needed to scoot my seat back cause I had an extra 2 inches on my foot! Kept braking and hitting the gas pedals a little harder than usual!