Poofy belly = (

Options
I have been complaining (to myself) about the extra skin on my belly. I am 48 and lucked out with all 3 kids to have a flat, flawless skinned tummy after all three. But now after abusing my body for 15 years, I dont think the skin will snap back again.

That is really ok.......I am healthier and much much MUCH happier......so who cares??

Well today, after 2 dates with my spouse this weekend for food, I am up 4 pounds from all the sodium........but my tummy looks BETTER skin wise:noway: ............:laugh: :laugh:

So the grass is always greener over the septic tank my friends!
(Erma Bomback)

What part of your body really bugs you...........and is there something positve you can say about it?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    My stomach....I'm 36 and kids are 4/5.,..never bounced back after #2

Kim
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    LOL.......I read "after kids 4 and 5" I thought you had 5 kids:laugh:

the tummy is the hardest.

My favorite change in body part is my chin or lack of chin 2 and 3:laugh:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    My stomach... but its partly becaue of my pregnancy and I would do anything for my daughter. So it's worth it, and if I gotta make some sacrifices and work my butt of to get it flat again, it's worth it!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    my tummy really bothers me... and i don't have a good excuse (having children)!
    on the other hand, it's soft and can be used as a pillow! and my boyfriend loves it :blushing:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    LOL.......I read "after kids 4 and 5" I thought you had 5 kids:laugh:

the tummy is the hardest.

My favorite change in body part is my chin or lack of chin 2 and 3:laugh:

Well, I do have 5 kids and my tummy shows it! There is evidence of this in a full 360!

I am pleased with my face and chin but my shoulders are my favorite.

For me the really hardest part are my legs. Although I have lost weight, the skin on my thighs sort of hangs in a lumpy 80 year old lady way. It is gross!:grumble: :laugh:

But there are worse things in life than not having nice legs. I am not sure I can think of too many right now but I will work on it...(world hunger, global warming, US economy...):laugh:

DD
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Leave it to me to give a weird answer, but I'm going to say my brain...

It's where temptation comes from, what makes me think of chocolate, ice cream and other evil things :explode:

But, I do love it because it allowed me do very well all through school, stay on top of things, and have a Bachelor's and a Master's by the age of 22 :smile:
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    My stomach....I'm 36 and kids are 4/5.,..never bounced back after #2

Kim

I'm right there with you, I'm 32...my baby girl just turned 8yo and my tummy never bounced back after #2
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I hated my arms. They were so big and stayed big. Now that I have lost 4 inches off my arms I am starting to like them. I looked in the mirror yesterday and said hey my arms look pretty good.

I like my shoulders thanks to Denise Austin they are rather sexy if I do say so myself. :wink:

I have always been complimented on my legs.

Now I'm have gone to criticizing my stomach and back. Save me from myself!:sad:
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Oh geez..... am I the only one....

The south bound B:wink::wink: bs!!!

After two kids, and losing weight, they are just not so full and perky anymore! My tummy is not bad at all, but the girls are saggin a bit... :grumble:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    My belly-but it's tan so I like that.
  • stef_e_b
    Options
    I hate my thighs. They are too big but, its getting better. I love my waist. Even at 227 pounds, its still quite small.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options

After two kids, and losing weight, they are just not so full and perky anymore! My tummy is not bad at all, but the girls are saggin a bit... :grumble:

Not the only one, I have saggy fried eggs :laugh:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options

Not the only one, I have saggy fried eggs :laugh:

Totally... I just started to notice this! Sad!:sad:
    and Stef...you and I are both pears! It will always be our lower half!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I'm with you on the tummy thing. It WAS my best feature. 18 inch waist....during pregnancy it grew to 54! It DID NOT snap back like a rubberband:frown:

The girls seem to be sad about it too, they are always down...........................ba da bing:laugh:

But it does remind me that a miracle happened underneieth those stretchmarks and I wouldn't take that back for all the tummy tucks in the world!:heart:
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My belly too, but I have no excuse. my thighs are starting to firm up, but I still have a muffin top with love handles.

My arms are getting better! I had a friend poke me in the arm today and she said whoa! when did you beef up?
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Well it is good we have some great parts to point out!! A year and a half ago I was just sitting around complaining about being fat...........looking like a big ol marshmellow!!

now I can scan past the tummy and see some legs forming up nicely, my butt is a bit higher and not as flat, my arms are strong(altho the oldbat wings piss me off:laugh: )

my stomach feels better today......but now I will be back to saggy skin with the bloat gone........I need a shrug smiley for here!!:laugh:

:laugh: Laugh out Loud!!!

Jeannie
  • supafly
    Options
    Haha... well I haven't had any kids but I'm kind of having that problem.
    I think all of my fat is in my belly and it's stubborn.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    Options
    Thanks Jeannie for starting this thread. If feels good to joke about what I don't like and remember to love what is good. Off to the gym!

(Also, I agree about the miracle...When my kids ask me..."what are those?" pointing to my strech marks, I tell them "oh these? they are love marks!":heart:

DD
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Thanks Jeannie for starting this thread. If feels good to joke about what I don't like and remember to love what is good. Off to the gym!

(Also, I agree about the miracle...When my kids ask me..."what are those?" pointing to my strech marks, I tell them "oh these? they are love marks!":heart:

DD

So true! I hate my tummy but know that it is like that because the fat is gone........So it isn't that bad.

my arms are starting to look pretty good and my friends are tired of me making popeye muscles!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    It's funny how everything is relative. At the end of June, I started Couch to 5k and struggled through week 1. Now, just 3 months later I beat myself up about "only" running 2.75 miles today in 30 minutes :noway: Really though, I've accomplished a lot!

Same things with this thread- even the body parts we hate are probably light years ahead of where they were 6 months or a year ago... just think where they'll be 6 months or a year from now! :bigsmile: