HELP! Carbs/Fat/Protein?!?!

Options
I have been using MFP since Jan 2012 and I have lost 31 lbs so far, which is great, but I want to make sure that I'm doing everything I can and doing it properly. I'm having a hard time trying to hit the carb/fat/protein that MFP app has set for me. It's saying that I should have 55% Carbs, 30% Fat and 15% Protein. I struggle to get that into proportion properly. I usually end the day with 35-45% carbs, 25-30% Fat, and 25-40% Protein. Here's what I have my 'Goals' set to so far.

Fitness_Goals.png
adult image hosting

Some weeks I workout 5 days a week and some days I workout only 3 so I've kept my 'goal' at 3. I just started the 'Shrink a Size in 14 Days' exercise routine. ( http://www.prevention.com/print/26102 ) It's a 6 day/week routine and I plan on sticking to it to see if it boosts my 'inches' lost. I've lost 7 in my hips and 9 in my thighs since End of March/Early April.

Any thoughts/help/advice is welcome!

Thanks!

Replies

• CLShrader2
    CLShrader2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    IMO mfp sets the protein way too low. I would say 30% for that, you have to go in an make the adjustments. Then, you have to decide how much carbs you want/need. I do 25% carbs and the rest is fats. I do try to use healthy fats such as nuts, and good oils. Good luck!
  • CLShrader2
    CLShrader2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks!