New senior on the block

Options
Hi, I just signed up so i'd like to get some advice on how to best use the site. Do I do a food journal? I have dieting all my adult life I heard about this site today and decided to give it a shot. any advice will be greatly appreciated. Anna

Replies

• Goingnuts2
    Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi Anna,

Definitly keep up with your food journal and exercise journal. Add friends, they are very support and will be there for you no matter what. Feel free to add me if you want.

Look into joining a group, you'll start makig more friends and look forward to seeing everyone progress :)

Log in daily, even if it's a crappy day. Being accountable is half the battle!

Good luck in your journey.

Kathy
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yes, take advantage of the free food journal. it has most major brands & restaurant foods in it, you can add foods- even your own recipes, it's fantastic. There is wonderful support here and volumes of resources regarding fitness & exercise.
    This is not a DIET site, it's about FITNESS. But if you eat right & exercise, a healthy weight will just follow

Have fun! add me if you like
    ttfn
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For me when I have to think about adding food to the journal it makes me think before I eat (or order) something. That doesn't mean I always skip what I want, but it does make me think about it so I can adjust my intake at other points in the day. Logging can help you for sure!