8 Glasses of Water

Options
So, my question is whether it matters when you get your water for the day. There are many days that. although I'm carrying a bottle of water with me, I only drink one bottle during the work day. When I get home at like 4-5pm, I realize it and make sure I drink the rest of my water before bed. Does my water have to be spread out throughout the day?

Replies

• LeanMeanFitnessMachine
    Options
    I think in theory it makes sense to hydrate consistently throughout the day, but its not necessary for optimum health/weight loss.

Think about it this way: when you water a plant with a full pail of water, it overflows over the flower pot, doesn't absorb all the water, and dumps the excess almost immediately. But, if you water it a couple times throughout the day in smaller amounts, it absorbs almost all the water more efficiently. Either way your hydrating the plant and helping it grow.

Thats the best analogy I could think of, hope this helps!
  • shainapaddick
    Options
    Thanks! I was just making sure it wasn't bad for me! I've learned so much on this website!
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I think in theory it makes sense to hydrate consistently throughout the day, but its not necessary for optimum health/weight loss.

Think about it this way: when you water a plant with a full pail of water, it overflows over the flower pot, doesn't absorb all the water, and dumps the excess almost immediately. But, if you water it a couple times throughout the day in smaller amounts, it absorbs almost all the water more efficiently. Either way your hydrating the plant and helping it grow.

Thats the best analogy I could think of, hope this helps!
    PERFECT analogy!
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    If you drink too much at once you can/will have a waterlogging effect and also suffer from hyponatremia due to there being too much fluids in your bloodstream, causing an electrolyte imbalance. My rule of thumb is to have a cup every hour but I'm an athlete so that amount is optimal, also don't just go by thirst - go by the color of your urine (gross but true) the lighter it is the better, think of reaching a sort of lemon-y color to clear as being well hydrated.

Water is extremely vital throughout the day as a majority of our body is comprised of water, every time we exhale we expel some moisture (water) then there's the part where you need enough for proper functioning of organs, wastes elimination...All this can come up to 2 pints a day - before you even break a sweat!

Water can be taken through veggies and fruit but strongly suggest sipping regularly throughout the day