magic bullet and george foreman grill

Options
2»

Replies

• mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your imput. the only reason I was considering a MB was to make single serving smoothies. I don't want to dirty up a whole blender just for me. No one else in the house is going onto the health kick with me so no point in making big servings right?
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I would go for a Ninja over the MB. MB tends to blend the ingredients right next to the blade but not all of them. The Ninja will get it all blended up. It is still super easy to clean (I throw mine in the dishwasher). I have (had) both. I gave my MB away because it was basically useless if you put anything other than liquids in it and didn't do squat with ice blending which is what I wanted it for.

As far as the GF, go for the ones with the removable grill plates. Much easier to clean. I'm all about putting it in the dishwasher so the non-removable are not awesome, even though that is the one I have because I didn't think before I bought.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I don't want to dirty up a whole blender just for me. No one else in the house is going onto the health kick with me so no point in making big servings right?
    I thought that too, but it really IS a pain in the *kitten* to clean the MB. Yeah, it seems like it doesn't make as much sense to dirty up the blender for 1 serving, but it's way easier to clean & the quality of that 1 serving is so much better that it's worth it.

I don't know how big your household is, but I always make at least a little extra because my kids love my protein shakes.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I bought an immersion blender (just a "stick blender") and I LOVE it. Super powerful -- can grind ice with no problem. Super easy to clean -- the stick part is detachable, or just run it under water for a few seconds. Super efficient -- I can make smoothies, whipped cream, dressings, blend soup, sauces, etc. And super handy -- the cup that you blend in has a lid and so I can take smoothies on the train to work. I got the KitchenAid after reading tons of research. It was $47 at Target and worth every penny!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Magic Bullet 2-3 times a day for the last 3 months, for mixing protein shakes and pre and post workout beverages. The fact you only have to clean the drinking cup makes this the most efficient tool for the job. Any other blender would take up much more of my valuable time. It's running just as strong as the day I started using it, and has a permanent place on my counter. Another thing I like about the MB, and what may be a drawback for some, is that the cup limits you to a 16 oz beverage. With a regular blender, I would always seem to make my shakes bigger....leaving me bloated and gassy.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Magic bullet is a p.o.s. You're much better off with a blender, it's much more versatile and effective. The bullet you have to shake and stir and fight with it to make it blend the contents of the cup.It sucks at blending ice or frozen berries. I use my blender, I make twice what I want, share with the family or save it for later.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    To each his own. The Magic Bullet serves my needs perfectly..... 2-3 times a day.....every day. I don't have the problems chopping ice or having to shake and stir it the contents. And it sure is nice only having to clean the drinking cup after using it.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of buying one but I wanted to know if anyone else uses it. Does it help or hinder? Does a regular blender work for the Smoothies and such?

I already have a George foreman grill and I love watching all the fat and grease drip away. Anyone else love their grill?

I have an outside round Geroge F. grill. It works and you can totally have it as I think it sucks. Its really no different than cooking on the stove. I bought a bbq grill and man that is sooo much better. I guess I will donate my G.F. grill to GoodWill or one of those type places since its just sitting in my garage.
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use my magic bullet almost every day. I've never had problems with frozen fruit or anything, it's always worked well for me. I don't have a regular blender, so I can't really compare *shrugs*

I have had mine for ~3 years now and over the last several months I have used it pretty much every day. It blends ice and frozen fruit without any problem at all. I know it is eventually going to quit so I have wondered if anyone has any experience with that Ninja blender that I've seen? I don't really want to go back to a big heavy blender when my MB does finally quit.

EDIT: I do mainly use mine for shakes so maybe that's why I haven't had the problems others have. I got the whole kit with 4 cups, 2 container, and various lids for $15 at Walgreens. I really like all I have to do is rinse the blade and the cup is all I have to clean when I'm done. Plus the kit came with a lid so I can blend it, put a lid on it, and throw it in my gym bag with no worries.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want a George Foreman grill. I had one years ago, and I used it all the time. They are great if you have a small family.

I do not like the magic bullet. I just got a real big food processor instead, and I use it way more.
  • Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I have a GF grill and I love it. I do have a model that has removable plates, so much easier to clean. We use it all the time.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    I have 3 magic bullets... as they were super convenient with making `just`what you wanted but I found myself an ``old```blender that the base comes off the pitcher and screws straight onto mason jars... even better than the bullet... mix whatever I want in a mason jar appropriately sized for what I`m doing... small 250mL jar for spices that I need a little bit of... 1L pitcher for a blend for a party... the larger motor (when compared to the bullet) I`ve not found anything that I could make in the pitcher itself that I can`t make in the mason jars.

For those having trouble with the bullet and frozen fruit... are they big chunks of fruit or are you using the flat blade instead of the 4 pronged one... I`ve never had a problem using the 4 prong one (barring putting too much frozen fruit in to the point it was freezing the liquid I put in so wasn`t mixing right) but the flat one isn`t meant to be used for that job.

and the foreman... well i`ve got one, love it when I`m in a rush as it cooks both sides at once and as someone else said you can see the junk coming out of it so just that much better than a regular ol`pan I just dont like cleaning it very much. Maybe if I had a chance to properly condition it like my cast iron pans are it`d be better but a room-mate opened it `for me` and used it straight out of the box so its never fully cleaned up.
  • imbanter
    imbanter Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your imput. the only reason I was considering a MB was to make single serving smoothies. I don't want to dirty up a whole blender just for me. No one else in the house is going onto the health kick with me so no point in making big servings right?

It's perfect for smoothies. Look around - you can find one really cheap.
  • mommamorris
    mommamorris Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I love my george foreman grill! i cook on it almost everyday! chicken, fish, steak, hamburgers, anything you want... i just love seeing the grease dripping off and knowing that its not going in my body... bc before i would be eating a hamburger soaked in the grease dripping off it... yuk!!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    yes you CAN find the bullet really cheap, check out yardsales, sometimes you;ll get new in box ones when couples got married or house warming gifts and got duplicates they never got around to using, I still watch for older blender bases though, always having a standard mason jar lid so I can check that the base will work for them before I`ll buy it.

Full size and power blender.. but the mason jars turn it into magic bullet convenience for only making as much as you need.
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i bought an Oster blender and so far so good. i also bought a GE blender that had seperate cups, i used it once and then it crapped out. took it back.

i think when i move i am going to treat myself to one of those ninja blenders as a housewarming present to myself.
  • chocoholicdiva
    chocoholicdiva Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If you're thinking on getting a smoothie maker you're wasting your money just to be owning two different kinds of blenders. You only need one. As for the George Foreman, I own both a grill and a griddle, the griddle is nice if you have time to cook indoors and you don't want to use a frying pan for all your meats, just keep in mind it can take up to 20 minutes to cook it on the griddle, otherwise use the grill, and even then the time can be a bit long. But if you want something in the GF line and you're often pressed for time, I'd get the grill, just remember if you use it to make grilled cheese sandwiches it won't take much of the fat from that, after all, that's what's in cheese, right? :ohwell:
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I bought a crappy 30 dollar blender and it's working just fine for me. :-) The Magic bullet is pretty though.