Blueberries!!!!!!!!!!!!!

samantha115
samantha115 Posts: 371
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I just discovered the joy of blueberries. In my worser(yes worser) days I only ate them in muffin or other sweet thing. When I went shopping the other day I picked some up and was like wow. Im half way through the container and its only been 2 days. I dont think these will last long. My youngest loves them too. She is super picky and she says "you cant even taste these. they are so so so good." Shes 4. Woo hoo blueberries!

Replies

• sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    I love the frozen blueberries they sell at Costco. Sometimes I mix that with other things to make a mock softserve ice cream or shake drink. Yummo.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    they're high in fiber and for how sweet they are they're fairly low in sugar!! i LOVE them!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Try an orange, blueberry, banana smoothie. So good:

1 cup frozen blueberries
    1 cup orange juice
    1 banana

Serves at least 2 people. :smile:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    good in ff yogurt too and also antioxidant
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    I love blueberries! Apparently they are a miracle food that keeps your mind sharp and helps you lose weight and helps you defeat Lex Luthor.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    This summer I, too, found Blueberries!!! I love to mix them with a handfull of Almonds, great snack. And I will add them to my high fiber oatmeal or grapenuts for breakfast!! another awesome treat...

Enjoy
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    :cry: Blueberries give me stomach cramps.....too bad because I LOVE them....
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    I love blueberries and I eat them in everything. An article in Prevention magazine titled "edible healing" states that strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and cranberries contain ellagic acid and a large number of polyphenols, which inhibit tumor growth. Two polyphenols found in berries, anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins, promote cancer cell death. Good news: frozen berries are just as potent as fresh. This article is what actually started me on my weight loss journey and a healthier lifestyle.
  • I :heart: blueberries. I pack them in my lunch every other day. This may sound weird....but I like them with feta cheese.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    I :heart: blueberries too! They are so good in anything. I add them to my oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese... and my kids love blueberry pancakes!

My FIL was in Michigan this summer and brought me 20 pounds of them for $30!! I should have had him buy more. :laugh: I froze a lot of them and can't believe they are almost gone! Guess I'll have to go back to buying them at Sam's Club. :wink:
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    I :heart: blueberries. I pack them in my lunch every other day. This may sound weird....but I like them with feta cheese.

No it doesnt!!! Fruit and cheese are the perfect combo!!! Yeah, usually have a glass of wine with that combo but you get the point. :wink:
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    sounds great. I think maybe next time I have feta in the house I'll put some in the mini cusinart with some blueberries and make a spread ... that probably would be great on crackers but also on apple slices. Oh, am thinking olives on the side and a few nuts.

I am making myself hungry, time for lunch I think.

One thing I noticed is the DNA-customized supplement I am trying out right now has powdered blueberry in it ... it is a great antioxidant and with purple lips and tongue, who needs lipstick (LOL).
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Love blueberries, I have 1 cup of frozen blueberries for breakfast with 1 cup organic no fat yogart and coffiee--less than 300 calories. Leaves me lots of calories for the rest of day. Also, they make a great snack.
  • I love BLueberries too. I like to mix frozen berries and cherries with a serving of light whipped topping and have that as a sweet treat.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    OMGosh...all this talk of blueberries made me have a craving for them. So, now I have them with my morning oatmeal. I have 1/4 cup slow cook oats, 1/2 1% milk, 1/2 blueberries and abt 5 strawberries. Cook it all together in the microwave....YUM!!! It's so aromatic my co-workers commented on how yummy it smelled. Very satisfying AND no sugar needed. At least not for me. The fruit added enough sweetness to make me happy. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.