20, male and finally losing weight!

Options
kodaks
kodaks Posts: 132 Member
Hi Everyone,
I am 20 and my starting weight was 300 lbs. I started MFP a year ago and have worked with it on an off many times (but for no longer than a few days at a time).

50 days ago, something "clicked" and I decided enough was enough. I have since been calorie counting and increasing my activity every day without any urge to look back. I am proud to say I have lost 28 lbs from my highest weight! I've got a long ways to go (my target is 185), but I know I can do this!

Calorie counting in the past has meant 3 or 4 days of entering foods, and then giving up or forgetting about it. Never have I been so motivated for anything in my life, and I truly feel better about myself everyday. More energy, more confidence and the most important thing to me - hope for a better and healthier future. No longer will I be the heaviest person at work, in class, with my family and with my friends. No longer will I change my lifestyle to accomodate my weight - it is now the other way around.

I introduced myself more than a year ago here on the forum - but this time around I feel a new introduction is in order.

I am looking for anyone who can help with encouragement - and I will certainly do the same! Please submit a friend request, if you'd like! :)

Replies

• christynek
    christynek Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) and congrats, that is a big lose already!!
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    That is so awesome! So happy for you and your success so far!
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! Don't you stop... You can do it.. I can't wait to see your before n after pics..:smile:
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your start!! Now that your mind is included, you will DO it!!
  • DoozerDMB
    DoozerDMB Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! This is a lifestyle change and you CAN do this! You will stumble along the way but oyu will reach that goal!
  • kodaks
    kodaks Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and friend requests! I hope to see everyone around! :)

I weighed in this morning and for the first time in years I am 269 lbs!! I am so excited, I am a full 1/2 month ahead of schedule.
  • beesexy27
    beesexy27 Posts: 24
    Options
    I echo everyone else. You've got a great start!