Removing 100 pounds & appreciate your support

Options
mhoward685
mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
My plan is to integrate exercise much like showering and brushing my teeth. The biggest challenge will be food. I cant just stop eating like you stop smoking or drinking. Blood sugar and hormones keep me feeling off balance. I also am an emotional eater and eat for energy when I am tired.
Thanks for your support :embarassed:

Replies

• rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    You can friend me if you like. One if the biggest helps on here will be logging your food. Makes you really aware of what your really eating. Welcome to mfp
  • beesexy27
    beesexy27 Posts: 24
    Options
    I can relate. Before I eat I ask myself: am I thirsty, am I bored, am I tired, or hungry? 7 out of 10 it's not hunger, at least for me. Good luck!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My plan is to integrate exercise much like showering and brushing my teeth. The biggest challenge will be food. I cant just stop eating like you stop smoking or drinking. Blood sugar and hormones keep me feeling off balance. I also am an emotional eater and eat for energy when I am tired.

It may take a little time before you can get very far with what I am about to say... You said "I am an emotional eater and eat for energy when I am tired"... Energy is a river... not a pond. That being said, energy coming into a stagnant reservour will not do you any good... The OUTFLOW of energy is important as well ... Hence EXERCISE will make you feel more energetic if you have a reservoir of stored energy (excess fat),,, I speak from experience... I used to be who you are right now (ate for energy yet I never really felt energized so I ate more.. very emotional eater... high empty calorie foods... yet I had less and less energy.. it was because I was a stagnant pond rather than a rushing river... Get out and do SOMETHING .. then increase it, and it will come... and quicker than you think... I began at 344 in January (probably a bit more but I did not have a scale that would measure me)... This morning I weighed in at 288.6... I feel MUCH better, can move around a lot better, and no longer look to food as my saving grace.. You can do this... And there is no reason to be "embarassed" :embarassed:... 97% of us are here for the same reason.. Welcome to the journey.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options

It may take a little time before you can get very far with what I am about to say... You said "I am an emotional eater and eat for energy when I am tired"... Energy is a river... not a pond. That being said, energy coming into a stagnant reservour will not do you any good... The OUTFLOW of energy is important as well ... Hence EXERCISE will make you feel more energetic if you have a reservoir of stored energy (excess fat),,, I speak from experience... I used to be who you are right now (ate for energy yet I never really felt energized so I ate more.. very emotional eater... high empty calorie foods... yet I had less and less energy.. it was because I was a stagnant pond rather than a rushing river... Get out and do SOMETHING .. then increase it, and it will come... and quicker than you think... I began at 344 in January (probably a bit more but I did not have a scale that would measure me)... This morning I weighed in at 288.6... I feel MUCH better, can move around a lot better, and no longer look to food as my saving grace.. You can do this... And there is no reason to be "embarassed" :embarassed:... 97% of us are here for the same reason.. Welcome to the journey.

I actually weighed 344 acording to a scale in the local mall about 2-3 weeks before I began the journey in January.. that is why I think I actually weighed a bit more.. .but count 344 as my official starting point.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm a stress eater, too. Honestly, I'm about as stressed right now as I have ever been in my life. Unlike past stressful periods in my life, though, I've got habits of exercising 6 days a week now. It has made a HUGE difference! Not just in my weight loss goals, but in how I'm coping with stress and my general well being. I find myself craving physical activity now when I'm really feeling the stress as much as I crave food!

I also try to leave some calories for the end of the day, and have a small snack, like olives or cheese. Just a little bit makes me feel better. Along with a big glass of water!

Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    It is so hard, but honestly sugar is the devil, when I have to much sugar it starts such a binge spiral that I just can't stop. I know sugar does this to me, but sometimes I just don't want to care and thus I end up where I am
    fat again! Not endorsing any type of diet, but going low carb for a couple of days will keep you from starving when you start off.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I find that logging keeps me accountable as well!

When I log, I see calories add up so fast, but if I hadn't logged, I'd have really thought I ate less than I did.

I started at 301, you can DO this :)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 100lbs to lose. Lost 13 so far.
  • Parrotman1972
    Options
    I am trying to lose almost 100 lbs., i was a lot heavier 2 years ago. I startedlogging my food on MFP in January and joined a gym. Down little over 20 now. I got 71 lbs. to go.
  • soxx226
    soxx226 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm already headed for that mark. Feel free to add me!
  • jackibailey
    jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jacki. I started MFP in April 2011. My starting weight was 348. I did really well and lost 77 pounds in 8 months. But then my old demons came back to haunt me. I have bulimia and binge eating disorder. It has taken me from November until now to get it back under control. I gained back 55 pounds. So ashamed of myself really, but I decided to start MFP again on May 1st. I also joined overeaters anonymous. It's very hard and there's a lot of soul searching to it. But there is a lot I need to learn about myself for this to work. I haven't binged in 15 days and that feels really good. As of last Friday, I am down 39 pounds from my starting weight from last year. I'm doing it different this time. I set my goal to 1 1/2 pounds a week instead of 2 and plan on going slower. One thing I learned from last time is that 10 pounds a month is hard for me to maintain. I don't need to do it that fast and if it takes me a couple of years to lose my 150 pounds then that's what I'll do. I'm really glad that you are here. If you want to add me as a friend, please do. Good luck. Jacki