Don't want to be the fat mom anymore!

Options
cheynbrian
cheynbrian Posts: 16 Member
im finally ready, im tired of being unhealthy, I know what I need to do I just need to do it!! My journey starts today!! im nervous, excited, .... scared ...... but here we go, jumping feet first!!!

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Good attitude!!!!
  • beesexy27
    beesexy27 Posts: 24
    Options
    :) I love seeing moms getting healthier! It gives me motivation. If you have time, I most assuredly have time! Good luck!
  • lilteddy78
    lilteddy78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I definitely know the feeling. I am always looking at the other parents and feeling sorry for myself. I hate being the fat mom. I would be embarrassed if I was my own mom.

Take it one day at a time. I've lost 25lbs total since January. I've changed how much I've eaten and I've started moving a lot more. So far it seems to be working. I still have another 65lbs or so to go but it's one goal at a time. :)
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I feel the Same way....but i need that extra push..Your on the right path.
  • cheynbrian
    cheynbrian Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself to make it happen! :) with inspiring people like you guys it will be a lot easier! :)
  • Nycie30
    Nycie30 Posts: 23
    Options
    You can do it girl !!!!! Sounds like we're in the same boat.....And I'm ready to make life changes too.....
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    You will do it!! I wish you good luck on your journey!
  • bellavita0125
    bellavita0125 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! I'm tired of being the "fat mom" as well. After losing 30 pounds I decided I was going to "take a week off" from the gym and, well, that one week turned into 4 months! My 3 1/2 year old daughter came into the bathroom as I was getting into the shower and said, "Mommy! look at your big belly!" Ahh the innocence of toddlers! I'm ready to get back on track as of NOW. Good luck to you! :)
  • Dncing78
    Dncing78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hear you! And with warmer weather here, it's not like I can "hide" under my sweaters and mom jeans!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of the rest of your life. Welcome to MFP!! You are going to love it. No it won't be easy and there maybe days when you want to quit but, stick with it and you will be happy with your results. :smile:

Please feel free to add me for support.
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You're not alone! We are all with you. It's time we give ourselves permission to love ourselves and place the same love and care we provide to others to ourselves. I would love to invite all moms as friends under this category, but I haven't figured out how to send invites yet. Can someone give me some advise on how to do this?
  • Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Click the persons picture, it'll take you to their profile, click add friend. And welcome!
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    You ladies are awesome! Motivation and support are the keys to starting the healthier lifestyle change! It is not easy, but we can all do it together. Like mmsilvia said, there will be days when you want to quit, but don't! Just know that those days will pass and you can get through it. Please let me know if I can help. :)
  • cazkath96
    cazkath96 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    :wink: you guys dont realise how excited i am that im not ALONE!!!! this is such a hard battle but now reading all your comments i feel i can do this
  • NoisyVision
    NoisyVision Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the party :-) There is a lot of us on here who feel the same way.... you can do this !
  • cazkath96
    Options
    THANK YOU :-)
  • mtraver88
    mtraver88 Posts: 78
    Options
    You are definitely not alone and can definitely do this. Don't try to do it alone either. Feel free to friend me or contact me anytime. :)
  • cazkath96
    Options
    THANKS!! IVE ADDED YOU :-D
  • canitamharris
    Options
    Today I take back my life. I am going to start my new journey today. I am here for you.