One year today!

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
So it's not been one year since I've been on MFP, but it has been one year since I've been trying to be fit and healthy etc.....and it's effected my life and more ways that one!

I don't have pics or anything, but one day I was responding to one of my youtube videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEOGCaZLXDE&list=UUtGL4YbJL-wgO-UtESbcBXg&index=10&feature=plcp

And though....wow....what a fat *kitten*....something had to change. So I got on the scale and my weight was something like 223lbs. So I started running, and eating less, etc. Before I started on this site and tracking calories etc, I dropped 20lbs in like a month....I didn't even try for that amount, it just happened.

I continued to run once I joined here, and I continued to watch what I eat, became more aware, that sort of thing. I set a weight goal (which fluctuates, my ticker is probably wrong lol). Started to make my health a priority in my life. I was married and have a son with special needs. I wanted to be healthy for them and be around for a while.

As I continued to drop weight, I was met with more and more resistance from my wife (ex-wife now), and almost gave it up. But I continued on, just dealt with the crap about how I'm not a good person because I took an hour to myself on the weekends to run, and sacrificed sleep to do some P90X so as not to interfere with anyone elses life.

My attitude towards life, and happiness in general started to change, and I had come to the difficult decision that I needed to get my ducks in a row to be single again. Around that time someone on here friended me that turned my life upside down yet again. Was encouraging, motivating, and supportive, and really kept me grounded during one of the most difficult parts of my life. Even when I was falling off the bandwagon and not really exercising/working out/doing much of anything, she believed in me and pushed me...that meant the world....and it's no wonder that she's now my fiance...so big thanks to ChistineMarie89, alot of this probably wouldn't be happening without her :)

So at this point, I'm about as happy as I can be, or even though possible. I'm down around 50-55 lbs, went from 223, to what I am now, which last time I weighed myself (a month ago) i was 173. Gone from XL Shirts and size 38 pants to Medium shirts and size 32 pants. Still running....would like to do a full marathon in September...but I don't know if that'll be financially possible...so maybe just re-run the 1/2 Marathon I did last year and try to beat my time....but I know that while I'm doing this, I have support in whatever fitness goals I have, and will support whatever fitness goals she has.

Here is a nasty before pic, and an after pic:

DSCN0756.jpg

25.jpg

And the last video I did:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wqc19XYnxVc&list=UUtGL4YbJL-wgO-UtESbcBXg&index=1&feature=plcp

Replies

• tyabd
    tyabd Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    great job,,,, keep it up..
  • joehempel
    Options
    whoa joe, i never seen a fat pic from you, awesome job.

that's the only one I have LOL.
  • TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Great body transformation. I bet it has also changed your perspectives on life as well.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You are like a whole new person. You look great. Congrats on your success.

ETA: So sweet about your love story too. :smile:
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Great job Joe! Looks like you gained a lot more (LOVE!) than you lost, not many of us can say that :-)
  • joehempel
    Options
    thanks everyone it's appreciated!!

Yeah I've found alot this past year that I didn't know was even missing!
  • joehempel
    Options
    whoa joe, i never seen a fat pic from you, awesome job.

that's the only one I have LOL.

Joe, i am watching your "Orlando Sleepeth" video, I don't think i can talk to you anymore.

You know you wish you could make that look good.
  • gmeiners2
    gmeiners2 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspirational, thanks for sharing and congratulations! Your determination and commitment is commendable. I hope that you continue to be happy with your new relationship and that your son has some success of his own. Peace be with you.
  • joehempel
    Options
    appreciate it man, thanks for reading!!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    awesome babe :)
  • joehempel
    Options
    awesome babe :)

you're a big part of this!! so thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!