Tired of my plus size 'skinny' jeans!!!

Options
Hey guys, I'm new here but totally motivated to get rid of all this excess weight. I'm a full-time college student working on my 2nd degree, I work two jobs, and have so little 'me time' by the end of the day that take out menus and fast food have become my go to option for meals. This is obviously NOT how I want my life to continue and I'm taking control starting now. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by September (I'm currently around 60 pounds overweight). It would be great to meet some driven/motivated weight loss buddies!

I love giving support and pushing people to try their very best and I hope you guys can do that for me as well. :) So let's kick some butts... our butts. Haha!

Replies

• beesexy27
    beesexy27 Posts: 24
    Options
    Everytime I wear my plus size skinny jeans some Asian woman or elderly man asks me if I'm pregnant!!! I always play along (which I shouldnt but it's kind of funny) most my weight is in my belly...
  • Kelsathebay
    Kelsathebay Posts: 34
    Options
    I've never been able to wear a good fitting pair of skinny jeans,they look horrible on me, but thats my dream, i wish you all the luck in your weight loss. One day we will look fab in our skinny jeans.:smile:
  • cheynbrian
    cheynbrian Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    me too! I would LOVE to throw away my skinny plus size jeans! motivation and determination! you got this! :)
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans are the devil.
  • Size6Dreamer
    Options
    That's gotta be frustrating, but laughing about it shows that you have a great sense of humor! :) Oh and don't feel bad, I wore a pair last Saturday and kept getting curious looks followed by the unavoidable 'Happy Mother's Day'. All I could say was, 'Thank you!'
  • Size6Dreamer
    Options
    Thank you Kelsa! :) I hope we both get to wear them someday when we reach our goals.
  • Size6Dreamer
    Options
    I'm sure you'll get there Cheyn :) And who knows, maybe by the time we do lose all the weight... skinny jeans will be a distant memory of the fashion world. Haha! Best of luck on your weight loss journey!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with a plus sized woman wearing her skinny jeans. I've seen many of them, some carry it very well while others just look awful. On the other hand there are some slim women who look horrible in skinny jeans. I guess it all depends on how you carry yourself. Also with the right outfit to go with it, you can still look fab while waiting for your body to go one size down.
  • Size6Dreamer
    Options
    Skinny jeans are the devil.

Agreed! :D
  • Size6Dreamer
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with a plus sized woman wearing her skinny jeans. I've seen many of them, some carry it very well while others just look awful. On the other hand there are some slim women who look horrible in skinny jeans. I guess it all depends on how you carry yourself. Also with the right outfit to go with it, you can still look fab while waiting for your body to go one size down.

Yeah I agree that they don't look bad on everyone, or that they look good on all 'skinny' people. However, the topic title was a bit of an emotional metaphor for how tired I am with being unhealthy and overweight in the first place. Again to clarify, I don't mean this in a judgmental way for society as a whole, just a personal reflection; some women are healthy and overweight, but I'm not one of them. But yes, I totally agree with your statement... I just hope no one was offended or took the title the wrong way.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I miss my smaller size skinny jeans. :( I've about 60 lbs to lose too! I know what you mean. You can add me too!
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to wear skinny jeans without looking ridiculous. I will conquer them one day...
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    I'm too curvy to wear "skinny jeans" even when I'm at my goal weight. I think it's kind of funny that they even make "Plus Sized Skinny Jeans". The ultimate oxymoron. :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My "skinny" jeans are now too big. It's a great feeling, and I know you'll get there too!

Welcome and good luck hon! Just work hard and be patient, and you will succeed!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I will fully admit that I totally wear and wore skinny jeans at my heaviest. I am also literally in my skinny jeans, as I fit into a pair of jeans that didn't even remotely fit when I got them. Now they are too big in the waist, and a little tight in the thigh (they happen to be my skinniest, skinny jeans.)

I am totally sick of seeing really cute clothes that stop at size 12. And my legs were pretty awesome when I was a size 12. The other thing I am sick of? Not being able to get matching lingerie sets! (I know totally shallow) I happen to have a bra size.hip size combo that apparently the manufactures of bras in my size didn't seem to think was needed for the panties. Now that I am down 35+ pounds, the problem is mostly resolved. But I want those matching sets to look better! :D

I am almost at my half way point for my goal, and I hope to hit my goal by October. I hope to drop about a dress size this month (fit into 16 pants), and another 2 or so by August (size 12). My goal is to fit in an 8-10. But as long as I am under size 12, and I am happy with my tummy it will be good enough for me.

The last time I fit in a 12, I was about 25 pounds lighter than I am now.

Feel free to add me, I have about 45 pounds to go.