I'm no longer morbidly obese!!

Options
nz_deevaa
nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
I'm just the regular kind of obese!

Huzzah!

I had to get a physical for my health insurance and my Dr confirmed my BMI is now 39.6. My starting BMI was 48.9.

Time to set a new mini goal. :)

Replies

• sammi220
    sammi220 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success !!!! remember your getting closer to the best version of yourself :smile:
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Good job on your first target :) setting the next goal is always a great feeling x
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That is such good news and an amazing achievement! You've probably added at least 5-10 years to your life! :D Congratulations
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is a wonderful accomplishment. Keep up the good work!
  • AmandaCaswell1982
    AmandaCaswell1982 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL! Keep it up!
  • pafagel
    pafagel Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome, way to go!
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! This is a major step and I couldn't be more proud!
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    whoooot!!! :)
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well done! I started at a BMI of 49 age 49 & was morbidly obese. I have enjoyed going through the numbers & seriously obese to reach just obese at 34.7!! Next stop just overweight at 30.........
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Fatastic, what a milestone, up the the next one, well done! :flowerforyou:
  • kissableki
    kissableki Posts: 6
    Options
    That's wonderful congrats!
  • duplicitous
    duplicitous Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Well done, I remember a colleague having a health check at work and being ticked off by the nurse for being overweight. He jumped round the room in glee while she looked at him as though he was mad until he said that at the same point last year he was obese!
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    Thanks everyone. :)

I don't think the doctor knew why I was so thrilled when he said what my BMI was.

He's happy for my weightloss, he was surprised that I've lost nearly 20% of my bodyweight in a year.

Hopefully I can lose another 20% this year.
  • GarryGadget
    Options
    Well done! That's great.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE :happy:

I can totally relate to this, I'm a few pounds off just been overweight, after been obese for what seems like forever.
  • gidgeclev
    gidgeclev Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    It really brings home the power of words. Being obese sounds dreadful and as though losing it all will take forever whereas merely being overweight sounds as though it's just a matter of cutting out the biscuits to lose a few pounds. In reality it is only a pound that separates the two. And we all know that it is much harder than cutting out the afternoon biccies!
  • ClarkeEJ
    ClarkeEJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement! Keep up the good work! xxx
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I hope you're taking your measurements so that when you hit a "stall" you'll realize you are still losing inches. Keep up the good work!!
  • nz_deevaa
    Options
    Good for you!! I hope you're taking your measurements so that when you hit a "stall" you'll realize you are still losing inches. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks bunches, do you every get told you look like Nia Vardalos?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!