I can't even finish LEVEL 1 on the 30day shred.

Options
So I just tried the level one of the 30day shred and only got 8 MINUTES into it before I had to stop.
Now I just feel depressed that I can't even do level one.
Am I the only person that couldn't do it on the first try?

Replies

• slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Just take it at your own pace, if you need to take a break for a second then do so, just make sure you get straight back into it the second you can breathe again.

Which one of the girls are you following as well? They're on different levels.
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Baby step into it. Do modifications for more low impact and start with no weights or really light weights.

What part can you not do.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Is it the pressups then the raising the arms afterwards with weights? That bit tortured me for a few days!
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, just go at your own pace. I would aim to do a little more everyday - you'll be there in no time. It's really worth sticking with it - on day 27, very tired but seeing results.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    This may sound assholish, but I try to live my life by this motto,

d0878a24.jpg

Nothing you truly want in life comes easy, just keep pushing. You'll get it.
  • Legals81
    Legals81 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 1 and im feeling the burn. I got through it but bearly. If you cant do everything the first time just do a little more the next day. Im doing the girlie push-ups and I have to drop the weights fo the second set of side lunges - they're a killer!!

Add me if you like, its gonna be a tough slog but come on, we can do it!! :-)
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    I couldn't do it all on the first day. Nor on the second. Just keep going, keep plugging, and keep pushing yourself a bit harder. You might take 90 days to finish the DVD instead of 30, but you'll get there.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Modify! When you're just starting out, and at a low fitness level, you have to do things slower. Do pushups the whole time you're supposed to, but just do them more slowly for a bit, so you're doing fewer of them. Instead of bouncing and doing the butt kickers, do the movement without the bounce. Keep your heart rate up, but when you're starting out it takes a lot less movement to raise your heart rate than when you're fit.

It takes time to build up the strength and cardio endurance you'll need, but if you keep doing it, and keep *pushing* yourself, you will be able to do the whole workout the way Jillian wants you to do it.

Eating well and staying hydrated will help, too.

Hang in there - you can do it!
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I can't do it either, 30 DS is brutal. I don't see the need to do something that makes me feel like a failure, so I've started doing Leslie Sansone's Walking at home DVDs instead. Once I'm in a bit better shape I'll try 30 DS again, but for now it does nothing for me but make me feel bad about myself.

If you think you can handle it, keep trying and modify it. But you might be better off starting with something else first, you can always move on to 30 DS later.
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same, first time 8 minutes in I died, tried it again a couple of times since and the most I managed is 11 minutes but I can do 50-60 minutes of other workouts and burn lots more calories so it doesn't bother me that Jillian is a sadist :tongue:
  • leapylees
    leapylees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I found the 8 minute mark a bit of a hurdle too, but once I got past it I found it got easier. Persevere - keep trying and modifying when you need to. You'll get there!