Looking for weight loss support!

Options
I'm in my mid-forties and having trouble reducing the size of my waist. I spend plenty of time in the gym and try to watch what I eat. It's getting frustrating. Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome! I joined MFP about a month ago and really like it. It keeps me accountable for tracking my calorie intake. I too love to workout and stay active, just always had a problem with food! Feel free to add me for support. I check in several times a day.

Also, not sure if you have the mobile app, but it's great when you're on the go. Also has a bar scanner which is helpful.

Good luck on your journey!
  • 26point2chick
    26point2chick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've kind of plateaued too. I just started a nutrition challenge of 6 weeks of clean eating. I'm using Michi's Ladder and eating 90 percent of my daily calories from tiers 1 and 2, and up to 10 percent from tiers 3 and 4, and nothing from any tiers below that. I'll let you know how it goes! I can tell you after one week I have more energy, and I've lost, let's call it bulk, I can tell from my clothes and they way they are fitting. But not one single pound. I do think I'm on the right track though. Here's the link to the ladder in case you're interested: http://www.teambeachbody.com/eat-smart/michis-ladder
  • Kelsathebay
    Kelsathebay Posts: 34
    Options
    Well you have come to the right place everyone is supportive and helpful and were all here for the same reason. Lately i tried a bit a friendly competition for motivation. Me and my sister have mini weight loss comps with a small prize at the end that the loser has to pay for. It keeps it interesting and definately motivates you, so if you have someone that you can compete with it worth a try.
  • Adamskk1
    Adamskk1 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey - similar place to me - I've sent you a friend request. Maybe we can help each other along ;-)

Adam
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to all the support and new friendships - thanks guys (and gals)!