Any Advice, routines or Tips for Safe Pregnancy Workouts!!!

Options
Hello MFPers.. I am 11 weeks preggo and needing some help finding some safe workouts during this pregnancy, I am so Scared of gaining My weight back, I have loss over 180+ lbs and Have gained about 13lbs so far during this pregnancy.. I had been doing HIIT training and CrossFit But My Dr. informs me that I can Not do either till after I have the Baby :( ((Do too the Fact I have Placenta Previa and Considered High risk since I had 1 miscarriage in 2009...)) He is recommending Swimming, walking, light jog and Elliptical but other then That Not anything Exciting and I Love Excitement during My workouts... I was Just wanting to see if anyone could give me some tips on some safe excercises and routines for Us moms who are exspecting... Thanks for any Tips.. xoxo

~Rachel~

Replies

• seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Follow your doctor's advice. That's what he went to school for; he actually knows what he's talking about.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Follow your doctor's advice. That's what he went to school for; he actually knows what he's talking about.

I Do plan on following his advice for I would Never do anything to put my baby in danger but was just looking for some tips on what maybe some other mother's have done to incorporate these workouts into their routines and any workout or tip I may receive I do plan on still asking my Dr. first.. after all My Ob would kick my butt, but he knows how I am concerned about gaining my weight back to after all other then my hubby he is the one who sees my weightloss and it's progress most ;)
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Im terrified of gaining a tonne of weight - was was told Im only allowed to gain 10lbs.
    My doctor told me to keep going as I was - but I dont push past my limits.
    Do you run? Ive been trying to keep up with jogging - but since I am FINALLY back at the gym - I am back with my lover ( the stepper) and the elliptical and I have also reunited.
    I definately dropped Turbo Fire (sad face) cause I think it was way too much for me. I have been avoiding any heavy weight lifting - mostly because my back is already starting to kill and I dont want ot make it worse.

So for me - I just push my cardio to a decent but not super high level
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Here is a good website of reviews of some pregnancy workout tapes, that may be good to add to your elliptical, swimming workouts.

http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsdb/index_cat.php?id=20
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

You may also want to consider adding yoga. Other than that, eat healthy and in moderation, and don't worry too much about weight gain.
  • dmg16duke
    dmg16duke Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Try Shannon Miller's (Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast 1996) Fit Pregnancy DVD, Body After Baby DVD, and Healthy & Balanced Pregnancy Cookbook. She developed them with a trainer when she was pregnant with her baby. http://shannonmillerlifestyle.com/store
  • aiwich
    aiwich Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    im bumping this cause i need it too :)
  • AwesomeSauce4
    Options
    Thank you all for the tips.. Appreciate them all ;) looking them all up now!!!! :wink:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    My sister in law did a lot of yoga during her pregnancy. She was high risk too and said yoga was more low key than what she had been doing before she got pregnant.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant, I ran 5k's up until I was 36 weeks. I also did yoga, circuit training, weight lifting and kettlebells. If you are high risk, I would stick strictly to what the doc says.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Please talk to your doctor. *sigh*

Every woman and every pregnancy is different and what was OK for me may not be OK for you. Why would you even ask a question like this on a message board?
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Every woman and every pregnancy is different and what was OK for me may not be OK for you. Why would you even ask a question like this on a message board?

Probably because she is looking for ideas on things she can do, so she can then run them by her doctor. She stated that in a previous reply. No need to be rude to her.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    Options

Probably because she is looking for ideas on things she can do, so she can then run them by her doctor. She stated that in a previous reply. No need to be rude to her.

Thank you.. xoxo
  • AwesomeSauce4
    Options

Wasn't a Question, Was asking for Advice, routines or Helpful Tips.. But Thank you so very much for Your Concern.. I take Everything My Dr. says to heart but he also told me to look into some workouts and If I wanted to make sure I could do them being high risk to send them his way to review.. and After all the question Why would I even ask this Question on here??? Because this is a fitness site that I have been on for well over a year and find my peeps tips and Advice very useful.. They ROCK!!!

xoxo
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I just did running in my 2nd pregnancy until 30 weeks. After that I couldn't hack the pressure on my bladder lol... and the support garments you could buy would make me contract uncomfortably. But if you do run/jog... keep doing it if the doc said it was ok. Just listen to some tunes and enjoy the outdoors :D
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Bump!

I want to keep up with this thread for future reference because my husband and I will be TTC this August! Right now I do some Jillian Michaels stuff and my elliptical...I still plan to do the elliptical but I know I'll need to replace Jillian with something else while pregnant!
  • JanSmelly
    JanSmelly Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I did yoga 3 days a week until the week I delivered. I could grab my feet when I delivered and I think it really helped since I was in active labor for over 2 days and pushed for over 2 hours. Also I did a daily walk with my twins in the stroller nearly every day.

Good luck!
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i am using summer sanders prenatal workout. it has a 45 minute workout for each trimester. the workouts are no cardio but some pretty ok strength and toning. i never did the first trimester because i had spotting and was told to not workout for a little while. now i am doing second trimester as well as some walking in the evenings. i know what you mean about being afraid of too much of a weight gain. i would suggest still tracking calories using mfp (maintenance + 100 for 1st trimester, maintenance +200 for 2nd, maintenance + 300 for third) you don't need a lot of extra calories while pregnant just an additional snack or two. also, change up your workouts often if you find yourself getting bored! i know my first tri was rough!!!! i was only able to do some walking and some elliptical, second trimester you have more energy and feel more like yourself so change up your workouts, and then in the third tri find some things that you can do comfortably. the most important thing is to stay consistent through the pregnancy, not necessarily what you do just that you keep doing something! good luck and congrats on the baby!
  • JackieMac979
    JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I know you like excitement- I remember the logs of your amazing, massive burns! How about dancing/Zumba? People seem to think it's a lot of fun!
  • tammy_lng
    tammy_lng Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 16 weeks pregnant myself and my doctor said just no full contact sports lol. but she said I can keep doing the workout i already do and listen to my body. Good luck and Congrats. I do walk and do pregnancy yoga.

she said Weight transfer is ok while pregnant. I am considered over weight and she said it is perfectly fine for me to workout and lose "body fat" and replace that with "baby weight" it is closely watched by my doctor and so far I am down 8lbs and the pregnancy is going way better then my 1st 2 i have alot less back pains and dont feel as tired.