New Rules of Lifting for Women

Options
Okay so I bought the book, I've been reading the book, and I find myself a bit confused. I'm not dumb by any means but I am finding it very difficult to read and comprehend everything in this book. Is anyone else the same way? I want to start this but i'm not really sure where to even begin. Is anyone else out there like me? If so let's be friends and try and figure this out together.

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Try searching under groups and you'll find plenty of people doing this.
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Yeah I already did this.... Thanks tho
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Just like any other instructional book or textbook, try highlighting the important & relevant information. The book contains a lot of filler and other bullsh!t that you can just ignore. Finish reading the book in it's entirety and then posts specific questions about what you don't understand.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    What is the confusing part? I finished the program couple of months ago and it did wonders to my body! Loved it!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Can you tell us what you find confusing?

The workout sheet took me a second look once you understand the system, it is really easy
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Well for starters I'm trying to figure out what to do on each work out. The chart is not really clear to me.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem with understanding what and when. look under the group postings it helped me alot
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    hm. is there a movie?
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Well for starters I'm trying to figure out what to do on each work out. The chart is not really clear to me.

Ok

You start with session one

Session1 workout 1A on monday for exemple
    Session 1 Workout 1B on Wednesday
    Session 1 workout 2A on Friday

The week after

Session 1 Workout 2B monday
    Session 1 Workout 3A Wed
    Session 1 workout 3B on friday

Clear?
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options

sent you an email
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    It is confusing! I googled it and the book has its own forum/support network.

Anyway there are 2 workouts in stage 1. A and B

1st day - Workout A
    1. Squats (Do 2 sets)
    2a. Pushups (Alternate sets with 2b - eg. 2a, 2b, 2a, 2b done)
    2b. Rows
    3a. Step ups (Alternated with 3b - 3a 3b 3a 3b done)
    3b. Prone Jacknife

That's it for day 1. Set up the next day for workout B the same way. Just alternate between workout A and B every 2 days or whatever.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Yeah I already did this.... Thanks tho

This is a common concern, there are some useful links in this group to help, and some awesome women to ask questions to: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i just bought the book this weekend but havent been able to read any of it it!
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I'm glad someone ask these questions...I'm not finished with the book but I was confused too where/how to start. I plan on starting Phase 1 on Monday.

That being said if anyone in Edmonton AB is doing this program and wants to barter for some real life help with it I'd jump all over it:) My building has lifting equipment but it still intimidates me :blushing:
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I "liked" the facebook page and asked the author for help because I too was confused...he directed me to the website for downloadble worksheets and that felt like the "aha" missing component. COMPLETELY helped me understand and structured the workouts for me. The worksheets give you the full schedule, but lets you customize by choosing which one you want to do. I also joined the facebook group for new rules of lifting for women the community is VERY Helpful!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i read over the nutrition stuff about 3 times because i didn't want to just understand it, i wanted to absorb it all so i can put it into practice.

i work out was a little hard at first b/c it seems like so much! so i just worked on stage 1 and ignored the rest. there are 2 workouts that you alternate so you never do the same series back to back (with a day of rest in between). each chart is its own full work out.

DAY 1:
    all sets of squats
    alternate set of push-ups & seated rows
    alternate sets of step ups and jackknife

DAY 2: Rest

DAY 3:
    all sets of deadlift
    alternate the sets of shoulder press and lat pulldowns
    alternate sets of Lunges & ball crunches

Repeat...
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options

Stage 1 goes like this:
    If you work out 3 days a week, let's say M,W,F: first week you do M-A, W-B, F-A. Second week you do M-B, W-A,F-B. And you go like this until the end.

Work out A 1:
    Squat- set 1, 15 reps , rest 60 sec

Squat-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Push up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Seated Row-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Push up- set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Seated Row-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec.

Step up-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 1, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

Step up-set 2, 15 sets, rest 60 sec

Prone jackknife-set 2, 8 reps, rest 60 sec.

For Workout A2 you go the same way, A3 and A4-12 reps, A5 and A6-10 reps, A7 and A8-8 reps. The Jackknife goes, 8, 10, 12, 15 reps only.

For Workout B1:

Deadlift- set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Deadlift-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

DB Shoulder Press-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

DB SHoulder Press-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Wide-grip Lat Pulldown-set 2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Lunge-set 1, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Swiss-ball Crunch-set 1, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

Lunge-set2, 15 reps, rest 60 sec

Swiss-ball Crunch-set 2, 8 reps, rest 60 sec

You follow the reps for B the same way as A wokrouts.

Stage 1: you do 8 A workouts and 8 B workouts, so that makes 16 workouts total. If you do them 3 times a week, you will be done in 5 and 1/2 weeks. If you do them 2 times a week, you will be done in 8 weeks. Plus at the end there are 2 special work outs- one A and one B, so that will give you a half week or a week more.
    Hope this helps!
  • Lambert310715
    Lambert310715 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have just got this book and hte workout page of stage 1 has completely confused me :(

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? i really want to start this

Thanks!
  • angelavarney
    Options
    That was super helpful!!! Thank you!!